Windy day project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greysailor

Vessel Name
Salty
Vessel Make
2005 Defever 44
What to do when the wind has been blowing too hard to cruise to the island......hummmmm...
1/4" plate glass; Leah's scan-and-cut machine; my sandblaster. .....Presto! Salty has new tabletops on the aft deck!
Who sez old analytical nuclear workers can't be artistic!:oldman:

Attachments

• 20180406_122413.jpg
    20180406_122413.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 20180406_182548.jpg
    20180406_182548.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 75
Is the "scan and cut machine" like a Sailrite Sewing machine, in that most wouldn't buy one, but once you have, you don't want to let it go?
Have you done other, similar projects?
How many bits of glass does it take to get the hang of sandblasting?

No, I don't have time for a similar project at the moment, but in a few months........

Keith,
My wife is a quilter and uses the S&C to cut fabric designs. We recently discovered that it does a great job on vinyl sheets also (think vinyl lettering material)....now there are decals on everything! We are now working on a design to etch wine glasses, etc.....so, I guess it will be the hot project for near future.

Keith,
My wife is a quilter and uses the S&C to cut fabric designs. We recently discovered that it does a great job on vinyl sheets also (think vinyl lettering material)....now there are decals on everything! We are now working on a design to etch wine glasses, etc.....so, I guess it will be the hot project for near future.

40 years ago when I was courting my wife, I found that a sand blaster and contact vinyl could do some amazing things. I created a very intricate design on a large wine glass that came out very well.

Must have been effective since we have been married for 36 years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom