SAMS surveyor associate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rogerh

Guru
Vessel Name
At Last
Vessel Make
1990 Jefferson 52 Marquessa
My insurance company is requiring that I have an out of the water Insurance survey done this years renewal. The surveyor that I would like to use is a SAMS associate. His web page has the SAMS emblem on it and it states Certified SAMS-Associate. I am waiting for an answer from my insurance company if they will accept his survey. Their letter said Certified SAMS, but did not say associate.
Have any of you ran into this? Do you know if insurance companies typically take SAMS Associate Surveys?

After seven years with Markel, they asked for a new survey on our OA 44. But....they gave me the option of doing it myself. They sent me a guide with a list of specific questions and required photos. I flooded them with pictures and a detailed analysis of the boat's condition including upgrades and improvements since the last survey. In the age of digital cameras it's about time all companies get on board and eliminate this ridiculous surcharge, especially if you're a long time customer with a clean record. Call your insurer and tell them about Markel.

You did the right thing by asking your insurance company to approve your selection first. They will most likely accept you pick.

As a side note my surveyor is neither SAMS nor NAMS but is on the approved list for all the major insurance companies including Markel, Redshiel and Loyds.

I just heard back from my Insurance and they accept his surveys. Thanks for your inputs.

Back
Top Bottom