V-berth bedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PamMaloney

Hello, new to the trawler world. Wondering what kind of bedding works best for V-berth (for our guests). Thanks in advance.

sleeping bags...

Linen duvet covers, no top sheet and fitted bottom sheets.

We have a V berth but Bottom sheet over each of the foam cushion covers. Then a top sheet, then a duvet.
In cold weather we will use a good blanket under the duvet.

I use a thick foam bed topper in king from Walmart first. The king can be trimmed to fit perfectly. Then I use a queen fitted mattress pad along with a queen fitted sheet and tuck both under the cushions. This creates a true bed without seems. I use a queen top sheet and make military folds under the bottom of the front along with a light quilt. I fold down from the front and toss the pillows. Very inviting and had an onboard guest for a trip and he said it was better than the bed he had at home! Win!

We bought a memory foam topper from Amazon and cut to fit. Like sleeping on a cloud.

Our last boat with a vee berth we added a memory foam topper to each piece and reupholstered them. Then we bought 2 sets of sheets and made a custom fit bottom for each cushion. Had the 2 top sheets so we could each have our own sheet.

I bought a 2 inch thick foam mattress topper off Amazon and cut it to fit with an electric knife. Made a HUGE difference in comfort when added on top of the crappy 4" mattresses that came with the boat.

Here is what I bought:

Linenspa 2 Inch Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper - Queen size https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYN9K5B

Yep, I forgot about our memory foam topper added over the original foam. Made a ???? foam mattress into a comfortable mattress.

Ok my wife just told me what we have . To start with on each side we have our standard 6” cushions then a 2” thick memory foam pad , then a twin fitted sheet, then a twin flat sheet and then to finish it off a twin down comforter.Long pillows on each side to keep us off the hull. It’s pretty damn comfortable,especially after a few drinks .

Attachments

• ABCDF6B2-5015-4085-A176-6DBF1AA7C49D.jpg
    ABCDF6B2-5015-4085-A176-6DBF1AA7C49D.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 56
I use a thick foam bed topper in king from Walmart first. The king can be trimmed to fit perfectly. Then I use a queen fitted mattress pad along with a queen fitted sheet and tuck both under the cushions. This creates a true bed without seems. I use a queen top sheet and make military folds under the bottom of the front along with a light quilt. I fold down from the front and toss the pillows. Very inviting and had an onboard guest for a trip and he said it was better than the bed he had at home! Win!

Are you talking about an island queen or a vberth? I have a vberth, would a king topper be big enough? Or would I need a king and maybe a twin?

Our memory foam topper was a queen if I remember correctly.
I laid the two V berth cushions out on it, felt pen marked it, cut it with a heavy pair of shears.
There was one small corner of each piece which was missed as the topper was not quite wide enough but that missed bit is buried against the hull and totally out of the way.
It is now more than 10 years since I did it.
It was a Costco topper but no idea anymore the mfgr.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom