Bay Pelican Back In the USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bay Pelican

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Bay Pelican
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
After 10 years Bay Pelican has returned to the US arriving where she departed, West Palm Beach, Florida. The return trip from St. Lucia, eastern Caribbean, took three months, 1500+ nm, 20 some jumps, 4 overnighters, 5 mid-night departures, one mechanical breakdown (main engine regulator), one mess up in routine service (wrong stabilizer part ordered although we had prescheduled) and numerous weather holds.

Having had lot of time at the helm to reflect in silence it is clear to me that I won’t miss the Caribbean very much but will miss the many friends we made from all over the world.

Welcome back Marty! I'm sitting in the mooring field in Stuart, FL (Sunset Bay) and heard a Bay Pelican calling the marina on their way in. Was wondering if it was you.

Ted

Welcome back! 10 years is a serious trip!

Are you going to keep the boat or selling and going on to the next adventure?

Welcome back Marty! I'm sitting in the mooring field in Stuart, FL (Sunset Bay) and heard a Bay Pelican calling the marina on their way in. Was wondering if it was you.

Ted

Ted,

I am reading your email while looking at your boat which is about 200 yards away.

We

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back! 10 years is a serious trip!

Are you going to keep the boat or selling and going on to the next adventure?

She is up for sale and it will not be one of the happiest days when she is sold. It is time however, 20 years. As we approached the US after 10 years my wife and I talked about the many great adventures we had and memories we have.

She is up for sale and it will not be one of the happiest days when she is sold. It is time however, 20 years. As we approached the US after 10 years my wife and I talked about the many great adventures we had and memories we have.

I’m sorry to hear that you are selling, but I agree that you two have had a most excellent adventure. I don’t know if I could talk my wife into 10 years in the Caribbean, but I would like to give it a shot for some time period to see what it’s like.

Remind me how often y’all came back to the states during your 10 year Caribbean stay. Did you keep a home here in the states?

Welcome back home, Marty and Deb! What a ride it's been!

Welcome home!

Dang, Marty: You’ve been such a fixture over there that I always figured you would be there when I arrived, if ever. I think I feel kind of insecure about going to the Islands now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom