Could you guys do it??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Slow Lane
Vessel Make
2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
I came across this listing for a big 61' Viking with an umm, ahem, cough cough, LAVENDER paint job! I actually think it looks great but I don't think I could have a boat that color. I like the light blue and dark blues. I even like black. Not a huge fan of Fighting Lady yellow.

What about you guys?

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sale-wanted/920187-2004-61-viking.html

screen_shot_2018_03_31_at_10_32_58_am_4110258c371ec5f525339ed0bd9bb6e875b34606.jpg

Ummm....no.

I am more traditional. We are in the process of painting our hull, going to be white.

I don't care to be macho, so along Miami Beach or some Carib islands, maybe.

I don't care to be macho, so along Miami Beach or some Carib islands, maybe.

Yeah, maybe in a tropical location with clear water and white sands, but certainly not here in the PNW.

Ugly as a can of crushed c*cks. And the colour sucks too.

Well bless your sweet li'l heart!

If it was a choice that I paid for no but if priced right it wouldn't worry me as I rarely see the outside and I'm past caring what others think. I'm not buying it for them.

While I wouldn't choose the color, brightly colored sport fish are nothing new. To me, it's like owning a home that you light the exterior of every night. They're just looking for attention they other wise wouldn't get.

Ted

One for the Miami Vice fans. Hey, you can't see it from the helm!

Attachments

• Definately Miami.jpg
    Definately Miami.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 84
Would not be a problem worth effort , a brush and 2 gal of paint to me.

I like it. A nice change from the normal white.Here's the Oregon Inlet fishing fleet. Whats not to like about this?!!?

Attachments

• OI_fishing_center.jpg
    OI_fishing_center.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 91
I like it. A nice change from the normal white.Here's the Oregon Inlet fishing fleet. Whats not to like about this?!!?

Looks just like the Morehead City Yacht Basin! I call them the "easter eggs"! I love it!

Greetings,
Mr. SoH. Meh. Don't really care one way or another unless the color is terribly garish. Most definitely not my style of boat or in my price range but it appears to be well maintained. Pastels of a variety of shades are fairly common here in FL. Also seeing an increase in dark metallics.

There's an older custom Carolina SF here in MHC that color, maybe one shade more intense. Takes some getting used to. I certainly wouldn't rule a boat out merely because of that color.

The boat summers in Mystic, Ct. We pass it when we head out of the river.

I came across this listing for a big 61' Viking with an umm, ahem, cough cough, LAVENDER paint job! I actually think it looks great but I don't think I could have a boat that color. I like the light blue and dark blues. I even like black. Not a huge fan of Fighting Lady yellow.

What about you guys?

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sale-wanted/920187-2004-61-viking.html

View attachment 74823

I will say, it is 'different.' In its favor, it is not turquoise, or FL blue or FL pink or black.
My questions are, is it owned by a lady or is it an
advertisement?
It is not my style.

Last edited:
Part of me thinks it looks good, and part of me is repulsed! :D

It looks pretty nice in composition with the water. Not much of a big deal for color blind folks... actually not a big deal at all for many folks. For some it would be similar to flying their flag. For resale enticement... it would depend on the type of buyer who's looking. Gals might like it more [in general] than guys??

Different strokes for different folks!

Difficult to steal that boat.
Police or USCG call, "Be on the look out for a sports fisherman with a lavender hull."

If it was a choice that I paid for no but if priced right it wouldn't worry me as I rarely see the outside and I'm past caring what others think. I'm not buying it for them.

Yes , agreed - your reply fits my thoughts exactly.

I would do it in a heartbeat. I’m painting now. White is practical because I’m feathering it in. I would LOVE coral!

Those are often charter boats; “We went out on the pink boat and had a great day...”

I like it. Considering painting Skinny Dippin' that color now. ;-)

Hmmm, there must be a reason why more boats are not painted lavender. (scratching my head)

To me, white hulls suggests the owners could not make up their minds. SMILE

If that was the boat that I wanted for the right price, I could ROCK that color! I couldn't care less what others think, and it would be easy to spot in an anchorage.

Cheers, Bill

They say you can paint your boat any color you want, as long as it is white.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom