Sling signage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeyJude

Vessel Name
HEY JUDE
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 36 Manatee #46
What is the proper format for SLING signage...letters right side up above each other or sideways?

S
L
I
N
G

or SLING rotated 90 deg clockwise?
1568-albums547-picture4282t.jpg

Last edited:
I've only seen it written out normally.

does it matter?

if the kid running the travel lift cant figure that out, you really want him/her lifting your boat? :)

If the kid has been taught since kindergarten to read left to right horizontally, then you give yourself a much better shot at him getting it right if you follow that dictum.

Last edited:
Ah, travel lift marks.

On previous boats I got bright coloured adhesive vinyl offcuts out of the bin at signage places and simply cut triangles (arrow heads).

Fix these above the waterline where the strap goes.

On this one I took a photo with my tablet when she was hanging.
Simply send the pic in email when booking and have on hand when doing lift.

If the kid has been taught since kindergarten to read right to left horizontally, then you give yourself a much better shot at him getting it right if you follow that dictum.

scary......

OK, so there's not a nautical tradition to follow for marking haulout sling signage. I'll follow the majority's suggestion & lay it out horizontal. Issue is HEY JUDE has bilge keels or chocks that need protection from straps.

1568-albums547-picture4279t.jpg

Thanks all for your input & adding a bit of apprehension to the haul out procedure.

Honestly, there's no rule. You could paint little smiley faces and tell the operator to put the slings there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom