Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi mr H
I say go with the black look much better
And fir the heat there is a certain beduin tribe that were black in the desert and they survive. So go with your plan

Like he said, Matt. With a screen type of enclosure, the heat difference is not much, and it does look smart. I find various shades of beige and blue underwhelming. Lotus looked a lot better with a black front window screen than the blue she came with. Black with matching black bootstripe with white hull sounds good to me. I have a similar appearance since went over to black antifoul.

Attachments

• IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
You evil man.

I had black canvas and didn’t have trouble keeping it clean. I usually ran with nothing but Bimini most of the time, being a fair weather boater and all, so the heat wasn’t a worry. Black looks sharp and ages well.

I have wraparound shade fabric in burgundy that is durable and relatively cool compared to the same color canvas. I add foil-paneled folding sunshades used in car windshields between the w/s and shade fabric when the afternoon sun hits them directly. They're the best at keeping the heat outside of the boat. That's the important part...but I also love the snap-on exterior windshield canvas for marina privacy.

Go for the color you want. The temps can be controlled by the fabric choice.

You evil man.

I had black canvas and didn’t have trouble keeping it clean. I usually ran with nothing but Bimini most of the time, being a fair weather boater and all, so the heat wasn’t a worry. Black looks sharp and ages well.

Yeah nice. That’s good info mate. Thanks ;-)

I have wraparound shade fabric in burgundy that is durable and relatively cool compared to the same color canvas. I add foil-paneled folding sunshades used in car windshields between the w/s and shade fabric when the afternoon sun hits them directly. They're the best at keeping the heat outside of the boat. That's the important part...but I also love the snap-on exterior windshield canvas for marina privacy.

Go for the color you want. The temps can be controlled by the fabric choice.

Thanks for the info mate. Good idea re: sun shield.

Respirator! Baby... RESPORATOR!!! :thumb: :speed boat::D

Yes, a mask but remember to take it off before you go into the bank.
They seem to take a dim view of folks wearing a mask in a bank.
I wonder why.

Yes! However... If you have your own ink and a printing press [as it seems our mate may have - lol] it is best to wear the mask until ink dries
! :eek: :D :thumb:

Yes! However... If you have your own ink and a printing press [as it seems our mate may have - lol] it is best to wear the mask until ink dries
! :eek: :D :thumb:

Printing press hahahahaha if I did I wouldn’t be doing this work myself hahahahaha. The only reason I am doing so much is because I can’t afford to get someone in to do it professionally ;-)

Greetings,
Mr. H. "...get someone in to do it professionally." Sorry mate. I call BS. You could NEVER find anyone to perform that level of quality work.

Paint tent almost complete. Just need to close the ends off and she’s pretty much good to go. Got all excited seeing blue next to my boat. Hopefully the next shade will be the blue of the ocean

IMG_0375.jpg
IMG_0376.jpg
IMG_0377.jpg
IMG_0378.jpg

Her "silhou wet" will be priceless!

Art can you please pick a song for me to use for the splashdown video.

Thanks mate :)

OK - When I get time [soon] I'll think up a choice or three! Thanks, mate... for asking me to do so. I'm honored. Sure there will also be a flurry of choices from others who follow/love your boat-creation ""SAGA"!

:thumb::thumb::thumb: - - > :speed boat:

A happy song to ensurer happy memories.
There is a McBoatie theme song?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom