Quantum 99 Topside Paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddalme

Vessel Name
Relenti
Vessel Make
Atlantic 30, 1983
Well, I/m finally bitting the bullet. After filling all the screw holes and spider cracks from dock rash, etc. I've decided to repaint "Relente". Starting with the fly bridge and working my down to the waterline. I've discovered the EMC Quantum 99 topside paint and was wondering if anyone had experience with it. Reason that I/m looking at this brand is warranty, ease of application and reparability.

We painted our flybridge and cabin sides last year with Quantum 2 part poly paint. We just rolled it and did not tip it. It came out very nice. Not as good as spraying but still very nice. We are in the process of repairing our hull sides now. We are going to spray it with Quantum also probably in June. We need warmer temps to do the fiberglass repairs and also get all the other boats out of the barn so we don’t get overspray on them. I would have rolled the hull also but my shoulders are not up to that much rolling. We have a painter that will come spray it for $80 per hour and predicts less than 8 hours for 2 coats. We are doing all the prep. Quantum has been very responsive to all our questions so far. We got the paint from Jamestown Distributors. No affiliation with either JD or Quantum just a happy customer. One nice thing is you can get spray cans of the paint for little jobs. It is the same 2 part as the large cans. We used spray cans when we missed a small spot and to paint the loud hailer speakers before installing them so they won’t turn yellow with time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom