OLOH's New Davit Selection & Installation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cruzer

Vessel Name
OLOH
Vessel Make
60 Jefferson Marquessa Motor Yacht
16234-albums687-picture4271.jpg

As we began to formulate our master list of refit projects for OLOH it quickly became evident that the replacement of the davit needed to be near the top of the list. The crane that was on board and original to the boat was in perfect working order but not right for us. With our particular setup, using it was a precarious two-person job. We needed a setup capable of much safer and simpler operation so we searched for a fully automatic hydraulic davit that suited our needs and fit our boat. For us, it’s an upgrade that we feel was well worth the cost. We thought our process might be of interest and potentially helpful for anyone considering a similar project.

The write-ups are fairly lengthy so grab your favorite boat drink, plan for a refill or three and enjoy.

The selection process:
DAVIT – Boat. Plans. Life.

The installation:
Davit Installation – Boat. Plans. Life.

Totally refreshing to read a positive review of a shipyard's work! Congrats on that Davit! I notice you like high tech remote controls on most of your systems!:thumb: How's it going in KW?

Totally refreshing to read a positive review of a shipyard's work! Congrats on that Davit! I notice you like high tech remote controls on most of your systems!:thumb: How's it going in KW?

Thanks Ragin! Can't say enough good things about the folks who did the work for us - and we all know that's often not the case. Having a wireless remote for the davit is tremendously useful but it would be nice to have the redundancy of hardwired controls "just in case" which we may add at some point. I was sure to get a second wireless remote "just in case."

Key West has proven to be a perfect winter home for our first season cruising full-time. We came here expecting to stay for a month and haven't been able to tear ourselves away. It ticks off all the boxes for us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom