Cradle for Walker Bay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave_E

Vessel Name
Agnus Dei
Vessel Make
36' Shin Shing
Hi All,

The good 36' Taiwanese Eagle has enough room on the lower deck for an 8' Walker Bay. I know this is a far reach, but has anyone made a cradle for a Walker Bay 8?

Dave

Use cardboard to make a pattern of the WB’s bottom. Transfer that pattern to starboard.

Since it is really hard to glue starboard, anyone have an example of how they attached the starboard cradle to to the deck?

Took me awhile to find this picture.

Attachments

• 20171117_144334.jpg
    20171117_144334.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 63
Took me awhile to find this picture.

Thanks.

So it looks like two pieces of starboard cut to the hull shape that are screwed together to make it thicker. Then is the bottom piece screwed into those from the bottom up?

How did you attach it to the deck?

Thanks.

So it looks like two pieces of starboard cut to the hull shape that are screwed together to make it thicker. Then is the bottom piece screwed into those from the bottom up?

How did you attach it to the deck?

Yes, 2 pieces 1/2” thick screwed together. The bottom is then screwed to the two pieces. Finally I used 5200 and screwed it to the deck.

I pounded my way across the straight of Georgia in 30kt winds and 6’ seas without any issues with this system.

Yes, 2 pieces 1/2” thick screwed together. The bottom is then screwed to the two pieces. Finally I used 5200 and screwed it to the deck.

I pounded my way across the straight of Georgia in 30kt winds and 6’ seas without any issues with this system.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom