Magma grill attachment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allengb32

I have been trying to figure out how to attach my Magma grill to the stern of my GB 32 without causing any damage to the teak rails. Has anyone devised a holder for the full size Magma grill? Right now I have fabricated a wood mount to the angled rail post but it still is not the best alternative. I may have a holder fabricated but wanted to ask if anyone has come up with alternatives?
The grill was previously used on my old boat utilizing a built in rod holder. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

I also used a fishing rod holder mount for my Magma Newport on a previous boat. The upside to a rod holder mount is installing one doesn't look out of the ordinary on a boat. Know that there are rod holders designed for rail mounting. That's what I used on a horizontal stern rail.

One of these, I think:
F16-2600: Stainless Steel Clamp-on Adjustable Rod Holder | TACO Marine

I eventually moved to using Magma's detachable post with a ring mounted to the deck. I've seen others use a Garelick recessed mount, the kind used for 3" table legs.

One question is do you want a permanent or removable mount? Either way perhaps you can find a local fabricator to create a metal bracket that clamps more securely to the rails. Maybe bridge between two of them if you're looking for something permanent.

There was another thread here on this:
http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s31/bbq-mount-gb-wood-rail-29076.html

Thank you wkearney99. I especially appreciated the link to the previous thread. Not sure which direction I will go but I don't think I am inclined to cut into the teak rails. Once I explore having a mount fabricated I will circle back to let you know how the issue is resolver.....or not. Snow is almost gone and just over a month before Le Voici gets wet.

AJG

I also used a fishing rod holder mount for my Magma Newport on a previous boat. The upside to a rod holder mount is installing one doesn't look out of the ordinary on a boat. Know that there are rod holders designed for rail mounting. That's what I used on a horizontal stern rail.

One of these, I think:
F16-2600: Stainless Steel Clamp-on Adjustable Rod Holder | TACO Marine

I eventually moved to using Magma's detachable post with a ring mounted to the deck. I've seen others use a Garelick recessed mount, the kind used for 3" table legs.

One question is do you want a permanent or removable mount? Either way perhaps you can find a local fabricator to create a metal bracket that clamps more securely to the rails. Maybe bridge between two of them if you're looking for something permanent.

There was another thread here on this:
http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s31/bbq-mount-gb-wood-rail-29076.html

Since posting on that older thread linked above about a smaller round Magma, I have moved to a larger Newport Magma. Now I use a rod holder mount on a vertical SS rail stantion mentioned by wkearney. I have four rod holders across the transom and one on the stbd side so it gives me lots of choices for positioning the grill where it's best protected the wind.

I'm very pleased with the rod mounts on a medium size grill. The bigger the grill, the more mount you'll need.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom