Wilmington/Wightville Beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

psneeld

Guru
Vessel Name
Sold
Vessel Make
Was an Albin/PSN 40
Looking for a weekly or monthly slip starting around the 27th of this month in Wilmington/Wightville Beach.

Planning on stayingi in the area for 3 weeks.

Striking out and only getting daily rates available.

40ft plus overhangs, 4ft draft...no dogs or kids....

Thanks!

Going for the high-rent district? :)

Port City in new-ish and will provide the best facilities in the whole area, but it will cost you. But that's nothing compared to the marinas around the drawbridge. Go up The Czape Fear River to BBY (Bennett Brothers Yachts) and you will find a better deal. The Cape Fear runs pretty swift up there though, and BBY kinda hangs right out there in it.

Down at Carolina Beach, we stayed at Joyner. The facilities are half-assed, but the view of the ICW is pretty cool and there is a great beach nearby. It is right at the edge of Snow's Cut. When we were there, it was being run by a bit of a jerk, but I think he is gone now.

Still at Carolina Beach, we heard good things about Federal Point. It's inside the Carolina Beach byte and is one of the lesser expensive places in town. As-is the docks at the State Park, but it is a tight (and shallow) squeeze to get in there.

I would suggest you avoid inlet watch. That place was a dump when we looked at it.

Hope this helps... Good luck.

I'm checking on a private slip 2.5nm north of WB bridge on the ditch. Protected, new docks but car needed to get to anything like a restaurant. I'll text you when he calls me back.

You could dink it to WB.

Dockside docks under construction, was down there yesterday. No go there for a couple months.

Downtown is a possibility. City docks or Port City Marina.

Looking for a weekly or monthly slip starting around the 27th of this month in Wilmington/Wightville Beach.
Planning on stayingi in the area for 3 weeks.
Striking out and only getting daily rates available.
40ft plus overhangs, 4ft draft...no dogs or kids....

Thanks!

I spent much of 2017 at Port City marina. Walking downtown to restaurants, comedy club, theater, Sat farmers market, etc. was WELL worth the extra cost to us. Depends on your budget, tho.

Top-notch marina and employees.

Check the schedule for The Shell during the time you are there - you might get a free concert!!

Thanks all....

Extra money for a handy marina is not really in my budget as much of the time will be spent visiting family.

The dockmaster at riverwalk said he could make me a deal.

But.... thanks Ski, would be great and appreciated. Sisters car and rentals are available, so good deal. And we know I take care of those that take care of me... :)

The dockmaster at riverwalk said he could make me a deal.

One word of caution... LOCK YOUR BOAT! We were robbed while we slept moored on the town docks (I assume that is what you are referring to) a few years back. Something we, and several others, brought up to the owners of Port City while they built it. It's also why we have never been back. We are probably over the robbery, but it sure soured our pallet for Wilmington. I do want to visit Port City this year if we can.

One word of caution... LOCK YOUR BOAT! We were robbed while we slept moored on the town docks (I assume that is what you are referring to) a few years back. Something we, and several others, brought up to the owners of Port City while they built it. It's also why we have never been back. We are probably over the robbery, but it sure soured our pallet for Wilmington. I do want to visit Port City this year if we can.

Port city has 24hr security roaming the docks, and they patrol all night. They queried us when we first got there (late evening) as they did not recognize the boat.

are the docks where the boats are not locked?

was it an attack from the waterside?

The robbery was on the town riverfront, and the area is open to public freely. Yes, we believe we were boarded from land side.

Port City Marina is on up just a bit on the river and has security.

The robbery was on the town riverfront, and the area is open to public freely. Yes, we believe we were boarded from land side.

Port City Marina is on up just a bit on the river and has security.

Thanks!

Port city has 24hr security roaming the docks, and they patrol all night. They queried us when we first got there (late evening) as they did not recognize the boat.

That is very good to know! THANKS!!

PSN- The Middle Sound Marina slips I talked about are somewhat do-able. Two slips are possible, but term might be shorter than a whole month. On both the owners are expecting to bring their rides to the dock in like three weeks. Nothing concrete right now, but expect to hear something back tomorrow.

PSN- The Middle Sound Marina slips I talked about are somewhat do-able. Two slips are possible, but term might be shorter than a whole month. On both the owners are expecting to bring their rides to the dock in like three weeks. Nothing concrete right now, but expect to hear something back tomorrow.

super, let me know....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom