View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 10:01 PM   #8
geoleo

City: Lutz
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
Last summer I bought a new AC unit before my Bahamas trip for the pilothouse but because of time constraints I didn’t get it installed before I left. Well, I STILL haven’t installed the stupid thing.

I made my life harder by not buying the identical unit that is currently in the boat. I purchased a unit locally (back when I had the boat in Stuart) from Ocean Breeze in Stuart Fl and I currently have a Marine Air Systems unit in there now. I thought I would be able to do the install myself, but when I looked at the electrical box it’s definitely not a “plug and play” type scenario, and with my bad electrical skills I’m afraid to tackle the job.

Can anyone recommend a contractor in the Sarasota/Bradenton area who could do this job correctly and at a reasonable price hopefully? Or, should I read up and just try it myself?

The units have the same basic footprint and vent location, but the connections in the electrical box are different. I’ll admit I just glanced at the schematics briefly and decided I didn’t want to mess with it, so it might not be all that complicated.

This is the unit I bought:

16,000 BTU Self-contained Marine Air Conditioning Unit
OB16CH16,700 BTU
(4.89 kWh)
(4,211.1 kcal)
13.26 amps at 120V
562 cfm
71 lbs.
Attachment 74328
You should not curse your wonderful marine equipment- it has a memory and may strike back sometime.
geoleo is offline   Reply With Quote