Port of Anacortes, Washington

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cruising Sea Venture

Vessel Name
Sea Venture
Vessel Make
54' Cheoy Lee LRT
Diesel is $2.45 per gallon, including all taxes and fees with a purchase of over 750 gallons.

We purchase between 1,500 and 2,000 gallons when fueling, so the price break works.

Also, they have high speed pumps with large diameter hoses. Both make a big difference when buying in volume.

We purchased her last year on the 2nd of June, 2017 and it was $2.07 per gallon.

Jim and Rosy
MV Sea Venture
Cruising Sea Venture
https://www.youtube.com/cruisingseaventure
cruisingseaventure@gmail.com

These are much better prices than Bellingham, last time I filled up. Thanks for the tip.

Diesel is $2.45 per gallon, including all taxes and fees with a purchase of over 750 gallons.

We purchase between 1,500 and 2,000 gallons when fueling, so the price break works.

Also, they have high speed pumps with large diameter hoses. Both make a big difference when buying in volume.

That is a pretty good price. Of course, I don't have room for 750 gallons of fuel.

Tacoma Fuel dock (Commencement Marine Services) generally has good prices. Last I checked it was about $2.85 if you purchase over 200 gallons. There is an additional discount for some yacht club members (about 10 cents a gallon if I recall).

The nice thing is that the fuel purchases support the Tacoma Youth Marine Center.

I filled up at our club last weekend. $2.339 for red diesel.

We're headed to Portland this weekend with the boat. I'll fuel it up down there. Should be cheaper than it is here.

That appears to definitely be the best deal in Washington. Maybe one of the commercial docks equals it. We use trucks and our latest price was $2.50 in FLL.

BandB, we get a pretty good price at the yacht club because of the amount of fuel we burn through. There's a 5,000 gallon underground tank and the fuel trucks seem to be here all the time putting new fuel in it.

BandB, we get a pretty good price at the yacht club because of the amount of fuel we burn through. There's a 5,000 gallon underground tank and the fuel trucks seem to be here all the time putting new fuel in it.

That is a nice perk for the Yacht Club. I imagine there is a bit of costs involved in maintenance and management of the tanks.

Our club buys red diesel for club use only. We mark it up a bit to cover infrastructure costs, current price is $2.49/gal. Just received 2000 gallons and price finally went down about $.05/gal. We must not turn over as much as Mike's club does.

That's like the marina in Englewood that sells at their cost. Only problem is their cost isn't all that good right now. We get excellent prices from the trucks at home, but when cruising it's a gamble. We do negotiate and generally come close enough to go with the marina. However, we've had two times that the marina where we docked was a dollar or more above a marina half a mile away, so we just stopped at the other marina on our way out. Both times it was for a very large amount of diesel (thousands, not hundreds, of gallons).

$3.49 a gallon in Pittsburg (no "h"), California today :eek:

That is a pretty good price. Of course, I don't have room for 750 gallons of fuel.

Tacoma Fuel dock (Commencement Marine Services) generally has good prices. Last I checked it was about $2.85 if you purchase over 200 gallons. There is an additional discount for some yacht club members (about 10 cents a gallon if I recall).

The nice thing is that the fuel purchases support the Tacoma Youth Marine Center.

dave
you're correct about the 10 cents discount for yacht club members. Normally, the best prices south of seattle by quite a bit are at Des Moines. THey are pretty routinely 10 or 20 cents cheaper than anyone else around.
Not a bad idea to avoid anything south of the narrows. Narrows Marina is always high, as are the two fuel stops headed down towards Olympia.

toni

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom