Raymarine ST600R

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlacourse

Vessel Name
Margie L
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 32
I'm look for a Raymarine ST600R wired remote control For my Auto Pilot. Please let me know if you have one for sale. I've tried Ebay, Craig's List, ect...

Try Columbia Marine Exchange in Portland, OR. The have a good selection of used electronics.

Thank's Kevin, tried them this morning. They did not have one. Thanks for a great source.

I understand the wireless would work, its the cost that bothers me.

What did you need another one for? If your display is bad but the remote itself works , I have this one. The display & cord is fine but is comes on sea-talk fail when power is applied.

Attachments

• remote.jpg
    remote.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 51
What did you need another one for? If your display is bad but the remote itself works , I have this one. The display & cord is fine but is comes on sea-talk fail when power is applied.

I don't need another one, the system I have does not have a remote I'm looking to add the remote. If the one you have is working including the display I would be interested I'm not sure what you mean when you say,

"The display & cord is fine but is comes on sea-talk fail when power is applied."

please clarify. Thank you

The st600r were short lived even when new. Buying a used one is nort likely to give you much use. Going to the new water resistant wiresless units might be a better value.

Thanks for your response, I'm quickly coming around to your thinking. I have bad sticker shock when I look at the cost.

In have ordered the wire less model thanks for all your posts

The S100 is the way to go. I thought you could maybe use mine for parts to make yours work. I didn't realize you were looking for a complete remote.

Not much help but you may want to call Raymarine to see if they have any reconditioned ones around or if they know of some cross compatibility.

I called Sitex about my SP70 ECU and they were quite helpful going as far as to direct me to Comnav which uses the same system they sell.

I have the S100, just had mine reconditioned this fall, so Raymarine likely has some inventory. Call them, they are usually very helpful.

Be aware, the S100 eats batteries for lunch. The next model up (don't recall the number) has a larger display, more functionality, AND is rechargeable. Also more price. Still, the S100 is a workhorse for us, ALWAYS in use. The pair of AAA batteries may last 2 weeks in daily use. We are rarely under way that the remote isn't in use.

In have ordered the wire less model thanks for all your posts

I am late to this thread. I have had the RM wireless remote on my last two boats. It works really well and was easy to install. Now, to be honest I didn’t pay for them directly myself. The first was given to me by the Optometric Physicians of Washington as an outgoing gift at the end of my term as President and the current one came with my boat.

One annoying quirk is that I haven’t figured out a way to have the remote turned off while it is charging. As soon as you plug in the charger it starts up and starts to look for the SeaTalk network. If it can’t find it, it beeps every few seconds. Likely operator error, but it has been this way on both the current one and the one I installed on my last boat.

Anyway, I love mine and use it a lot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom