Need small piece of mahogany

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PMF1984

Guru
Vessel Name
Wanderer
Vessel Make
Pilgrim 40
I'm in Jacksonville and need a small piece of mahogany, less than a board foot. Know of any spots I can pick up a piece? Yards that still do wood repairs would probably have one. Any small shops east of the river?

Try Huckins Yachts. I’ve bought small sections of marine plywood from them and some other stuff. They have a pretty good inventory of marine parts, a wood working shop and sell to the public.

Try Huckins Yachts. I’ve bought small sections of marine plywood from them and some other stuff. They have a pretty good inventory of marine parts, a wood working shop and sell to the public.

Thanks Larry,
I'll scoot over there tomorrow.

Another resource is Southern Plywood. They have hardwoods as well as marine plywood. Westside, off Commonwealth (295).

So just to update, I called southern plywood. Remember I just need a small piece of mahogany, and I realized I could use a half sheet of plywood. They sell mahogany by the board, they don't cut them. No chance for a scrap piece. They don't sell half sheets of plywood.

I went over to Huckins Yachts. They were all very friendly and I ended up in the stock room. About three minutes later I was out of there with exactly what I needed. Bravo Huckins!

(I once worked at a yard were folks were mostly unhappy so I know the difference between an unhappy yard and a happy yard. The unhappy yards have unresolved issues that can show up in the work.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom