Old 03-09-2018, 09:56 AM   #123
boathealer
Guru

City: Looking
Vessel Name: --
Vessel Model: Between boats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benthic2 View Post
I would not expect GH to go out of it's way to keep TF updated. I would expect them to issue press releases and keep the boating press updated, and then our members would hear of it, and jump in.

There are some innovative features of the TT35 but if I'm not mistaken, they are in the make up of the hull. Aparently the guy that runs the company spent some time building lightweight aircraft and came up with a way to build a lightweight boat hull ( I think the boat is under 6000 lbs ) That is a new and different idea, that I would expect might run into some difficulties. I understand that completely. BUT....those complications and difficulties would delay the production of the hulls. Those have been done. Installing a mass market, production outboard is not cutting edge. Are the electronics being custom built by Raymarine, or Furuno ? NO....its off the shelf existing stuff. This vessel is a very innovative hull, with a bunch of existing off the shelf stuff put in it. I don't mean that in a derogatory way, I'm just trying to say that the difficulties of innovation have already been overcome in the building of the hull. Any complications after that step in the process should be well understood by a company that has been doing this for quite a while, and the fact that it isn't, makes them look bad. Justified or not, the perception in this day of instant knowledge, is that if there is an explanation that exonerates you, it would be public. No news, is bad news. If they came out and said that "component X" failed to meet our specs and we had to redesign the "watchamacallit" and expect this will set us back a few months...or we don't know how long but we're working on it. Transparency is a good thing. Fair or not, silence is equated with culpability.
I think you are missing the point, and what is likely the reality, which TXN wrote succinctly above, "I suspect the family running GH is quite content to remain just where they are in the industry."
boathealer is offline   Reply With Quote