New to this forum.. hoping to learn lots...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Ocean Breeze
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 85OA38
I have a 38' Trawler Yacht which I just placed on dry-dock for this winter. Unfortunately I still have to work but in a few years will use it more than a month per year. *A few icebergs came in so thought I would add these interesting pictures.*

Attachments

• side view front to back.jpg
    side view front to back.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 69
  • helm controls.jpg
    helm controls.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 71
  • fly bridge controls.jpg
    fly bridge controls.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 60
  • side of yacht.jpg
    side of yacht.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 56
  • iceberg little bay island 13.jpg
    iceberg little bay island 13.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 70
  • iceberg little bay island 18.jpg
    iceberg little bay island 18.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 59
  • iceberg little bay island 19.jpg
    iceberg little bay island 19.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 57
Welcome Elwyn, and yes you will learn a lot. Don't just wait for the stuff to come up though. There is a wealth of information already on record you can find using the search engine on the site.

Tks Peter.. yes I have been doing lots of looking throughout the forum.. Good info here.

Welcome aboard Elwin.

I've been to PEI recently but never to Newfoundland. Based on the current TV series, "Republic of Doyle," St. Johns and other part of Newfoundland look like they'd be very interesting to visit. Also the French islands off the coast. Hopefully we'll get up there someday soon......

Yep, RoD is starting to get international attention.

For those that come and visit, there is always a second plan to come back again when they can. NL should be on a "to do" list for everyone some time before it gets too late. A couple of years ago we took a couple that never been on the island before never mind out in the ocean chasing dolphins and whales. We were on a 55' actual fishing 'longliner' trawler which an 18' was large in their books. The highlight was when we let the fellow be the skipper and operate it. Besides doing a lot of 'S' turns, he didn't do too bad for a city police sergeant however he probably would have ended up with a ticket if he drove his car like that. We pulled up to a sea side resturant then afterwards went to shore to visit a 100yr old store. Stuff only dreams are made up of.

Well, I haven't heard the end of it from them, the emails, the pictures and then of course the 'larger than true' captain stories & oh ya about them wanting to do another trip someday.

It's all in a story....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom