Boat junk yards ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeleone

Vessel Name
Island Girl
Vessel Make
Hudson Defever
I am looking for junk yards that might have upper bridge for 40 foot trawler.
Mine got destroyed during transport. Any information on how to find boat junk yards would be good.

Joe, if yours was destroyed during transport shouldn't the transporter be replacing it?

Maybe you could cruise around looking for an abandoned boat the same as yours. Claim it for salvage and take the flybridge.

If you claim a wrecked boat for salvage, wouldn't you be on the hook to dispose of the parts you didn't want. In this case it would be most of the boat. Of course, it could be found abandoned again :whistling:

finding what you think is an abandoned boat and getting it for salvage is not an easy process.

you still have to go through a maritime court as far as I know and prove it is truly abandoned.

if not a maritime court, probably a civil court unless it is on your property.

OK, find the owner and buy it. I think your chances of finding the exact flybridge you need in a junkyard are somewhere between slim and none.

And as GFC posted, replacing or repairing the flybridge should be up to the transporter or his insurance company.

If you claim a wrecked boat for salvage, wouldn't you be on the hook to dispose of the parts you didn't want. In this case it would be most of the boat. Of course, it could be found abandoned again :whistling:

Contrary to popular belief, you can't just "claim Salvage". As a salvor, you have right to compensation but not title. You can't force your services on a boat or owner either.

Contrary to popular belief, you can't just "claim Salvage". As a salvor, you have right to compensation but not title. You can't force your services on a boat or owner either.

ecactly Jack...

TF, so many opinions.... so little actual knowledge or experience....

:)

Find the owner...ha...ha...ha...

most of the time the marina, locale, or even state can't find the owner.... exactly why getting rid of derilict boats is such a problem...a pretty well documented problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom