Fleming videos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I've watched every one of his videos, some twice. He is an awesome videographer and narrator. Definitely inspired me to put Alaska on our bucket cruising list. The trip to Idaho was quite the trip also.

Hi,

also looked at almost all Fleming videos, they are nicely photographed and a nice armchair travel.:popcorn:In addition to good marketing, it would be cool to own Fleming.

I wonder how boat manufacturers made poor use of Vimeo-YouTube marketing, Nordhavn and boat owners together have also done a good job of video marketing from which one could learn to make some interesting travel videos, that help sell new and used boats maby...

NBs

Tonys videos are beautiful. Watched them all.. The Admiral says if she ever had the big bucks a new Fleming would be on her must have list.

I'm another who has watched all of Tony's videos, most of them twice. They're just a great way to market long distance cruising and the boating lifestyle.

His voice is perfect for the style, which has a nicely paced documentary feel. Of course, we're all showing our age by appreciating his videos. They'd be too slow for most young people!

:)

I have been watching them for a few years now. I always thought they must have been done by a professional production company. Was very surprised to learn he does all the editing himself. A very talented man.

I wish he would point the camera inside the boat, to give more viewers a look at what goes on while underway, or the fleming lifestyle...

What he shows never tells you about the boat yoga to swap filters, replace hoses, etc.

I wish he would point the camera inside the boat, to give more viewers a look at what goes on while underway, or the fleming lifestyle...

What he shows never tells you about the boat yoga to swap filters, replace hoses, etc.

That's probably why he has crew.

I agree, I really like the almost documentary style that he uses. It would be nice to see a little more about how they manage the boat, provisions, etc while underway for those longer trips.

Those are so good love watching them

Gosh, those Flemings look the spitting image of my DeFever designed Grand Alaskan! :rolleyes:

Gosh, those Flemings look the spitting image of my DeFever designed Grand Alaskan! :rolleyes:

Yep, they are identical... They both float on water.

The placement of hull portholes are different, where is your portuguese bridge, just for starters...

If you read his book, they were trying to get defever to design one and either he had contract / time issues or was too expensive or something that prevented it. So they went to a different NA to design it.

In one passage, he was talking about how far to space the planking grooves on the first boat and he used the "ones he had measured off another boat"

So, I guess Art Defever would be flattered :)

Yep, they are identical... They both float on water.

The placement of hull portholes are different, where is your portuguese bridge, just for starters...

If you read his book, they were trying to get defever to design one and either he had contract / time issues or was too expensive or something that prevented it. So they went to a different NA to design it.

In one passage, he was talking about how far to space the planking grooves on the first boat and he used the "ones he had measured off another boat"

So, I guess Art Defever would be flattered :)

You do know Fleming worked with DeFever at American Marine? There are many stories out there regarding their relationship after Fleming got fired and starting designing his own boats. Some may be true, others myth. But there certainly were questions asked of DeFever regarding some "copying" to put it nicely, and his unwillingness to take any action based on his respect for Fleming.

BTW, my Portuguese Bridge.

Attachments

• IMG_20180415_111050 (960x720).jpg
    IMG_20180415_111050 (960x720).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20180415_110840 (720x960).jpg
    IMG_20180415_110840 (720x960).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I don't recall that Fleming worked with Art Defever from his book, but I've slept since then :)

I’ll say these videos got me hooked on what’s possible in a trawler. Fascinating to watch and his Sr. David Attenborough narration style keeps me glued to the channel. I’ve probably watched he series three times, got my wife watching it and even got some of our 20 something friends watching it.

I too would love to see more about running the boat but I found the point of his videos are all about why you should own a boat like a Fleming, capable of crossing oceans rather than how to do it or what the boat has on it for machinery, tackle and electronics.

In my line of work this type of authentic marketing content is gold plated goodness.

Agree these videos are wonderful, watched all of them, some several times. Great to watch them with non-boating friends and relatives who ask “why do you have a boat?”

Very low key marketing and quite effective as well.

It would be hard to pick a favorite out of those four. I'd take any of them in a heartbeat. Beautiful boats all.

They both cut there teeth on my girl. Going strong since 1970.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom