Your Inspirational Read For Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the antithesis of the Oscars performances where persons are lauded and feted and generally treated with hero worship for doing their (rather safe) highly paid part time jobs, pretending to be something they are not.

Hats off for Mr. Crawford.

only combat or intense danger on a regular basis can alter ones mindset to understand what these brave men went through.

I think our current leaders need to read and follow Mr. Crawford's leadership lessons.

Menzies-How fitting that your submission on MSgt Crawford fits the belief pattern on our heroes, you and myself. We debate, we disagree, we on a rare moment agree, this post surely points out that were a time come too stand strong you and I would, of that I am sure. Thank you'r posting this inspiring item.

Regards,

Al-Ketchikan

Along those same lines, here's one of my heroes, in the true sense of that word, not the trivial, sports player use of that word lately:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...6ca94801fac_story.html?utm_term=.adb321db2e56

I keep a photo of him on my desk at the office, although I never met him. The story of how he led and cared for his teenage crew of cadets during the disasterous Fastnet race is one of the most inspiring sailing stories I've ever read.

Along those same lines, here's one of my heroes, in the true sense of that word, not the trivial, sports player use of that word lately:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...6ca94801fac_story.html?utm_term=.adb321db2e56

I keep a photo of him on my desk at the office, although I never met him. The story of how he led and cared for his teenage crew of cadets during the disasterous Fastnet race is one of the most inspiring sailing stories I've ever read.

Our club lost a boat and all on board in that storm - The Granuaile out of Lough Swilly, Ireland, owned and skippered by Claude Austin. Sad days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom