Containers in NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Keep them on that side !!! Hitting one of those would ruin your day and they are hard to see. Running in the dark.......scary stuff.

Yep, scary stuff at night. They can float with one corner a foot out of the water, and radar won't pick them up. Bad juju.

Like drifting logs in the PNW, only a lot less common....... Then again they will probably do more damage if you are unlucky enough to hit one!

ASD they're already here. A couple years ago a friend of ours hit one coming down the inside passage. Caused a lot of damage.

Boy that is scary porman. Saw a lot of stuff but not a container yet. Logs are hard enough to see sometimes...

Hitting a container would ruin anyones running gear. I think the odds of running into a container at sea, day or night are about the same as getting hit by lightning. I worry about a lot of things at sea, containers are at the bottom of the list.

I saw that. It doesn’t look like most them floated for very long. I like the idea of the tracking devices and the lights on the two they’ve found.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom