DeFever 41' with flopper stoppers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddare0351

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
JuliBel
Vessel Make
DeFever 41'
Good morning fellow DeFever owners,

I'm seriously considering adding flopper stoppers to my DeFever 41' aft cabin trawler but wanted to consult the folks here and see if anyone has pictures of a DeFever 41 with it already setup. I am probably going to go with the Magma Rock-N-Roll kit, it looks to be pretty easy to set up and is well priced compared to the competition. My main concern is securing the guy lines and wanted to see how those were set up. I have three guy lines running to my mast, my thinking is I can add 2 more to the mast and then secure the other two to the top aft portion of the flybridge, where the mast guy lines secure.

If anyone knows of a boat with this setup or where I could find pics for reference, I'd truly appreciate it!

-Doug
Owner/Captain, M/V JuliBel
Long Beach, CA

Are you looking for a setup that is to be used at anchor only? This would be a different system as compared to cruising passive stabilizers. You may want to try the DeFever's Cruisers site.

About a decade ago a TF member named Ralph Yost removed passive stabilizers from his DF 41. You may have some luck with the search function to pull up his posts.

Have you considered using your boom to hang the Magma flopper stopper? This is what I did on my GB36 and it worked. Although I wished the boom was longer for even more roll dampening. I had a plan to extend it but nixed the idea after considering the dinghy traffic and how close the boats are to each other in Catalina island.

Are you looking for a setup that is to be used at anchor only? This would be a different system as compared to cruising passive stabilizers. You may want to try the DeFever's Cruisers site.

About a decade ago a TF member named Ralph Yost removed passive stabilizers from his DF 41. You may have some luck with the search function to pull up his posts.

I'll have to check out the DeFever Cruisers site, I don't think I've been there. Thanks for the heads up!

I plan to use the system at anchor only; I'm OK with the roll while piloting the boat, but nights on the hook at Catalina get pretty topsy turvy. I have a 2nd anchor and can anchor into the swells but the wind comes from a different direction and my bimini acts like a sail.

Have you considered using your boom to hang the Magma flopper stopper? This is what I did on my GB36 and it worked. Although I wished the boom was longer for even more roll dampening. I had a plan to extend it but nixed the idea after considering the dinghy traffic and how close the boats are to each other in Catalina island.

My boom isn't connected to the mast as I have a bimini that runs clear over the top of the aft cabin. I've considered taking the bimini down but my guests really seem to like it. Using the mast would be the easiest route and I did consider it, but from what I read, 1 flopper stopper by itself isn't as effective as two.

The magma rocker stoppers are very effective. We only have one on the port side and see no reason to add another. We rig ours via a spinnaker pole on a track on the port side of our cabin. Fore and aft guys run through hawse holes bow and stern and the topping lift leads to a snatch block on the bottom of our hard top.

The magma rocker stoppers are very effective. We only have one on the port side and see no reason to add another. We rig ours via a spinnaker pole on a track on the port side of our cabin. Fore and aft guys run through hawse holes bow and stern and the topping lift leads to a snatch block on the bottom of our hard top.

Would you post a few pics of this set up

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom