View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 11:11 PM   #4
silver lining1
Veteran Member

City: Chesapeake/S Florida
Vessel Name: Silver Lining
Vessel Model: Viking Sport Cruiser 50 ft flybridge
We have done this trip many times - my favorite part of boating. We almost always go in June and July as the weather is much more reliable and the water is perfect temperature

Stop at west end or lucaya grand Bahamas to fuel and clear in. Then go to green turtle cay, then treasure cay, stop for a day or two or do a day trip to nippers on Guana cay then elbow cay. We like both hope town marina and sea spray. I would say green turtle and elbow are always the favorites as there is so much to do in the area. Marsh harbor to re supply but I would say that's it

Then go to harbor island. We always stay at romora bay. Way more laid back and very close to the most amazing pink sand beach. We usually stop at Atlantis and spend a few days in Nassau before heading off to the exumas fuel up and resupply

Then I would strongly urge you to go to the exumas. Staniel cay, big majors, and compass cay are the best of the Bahamas. There are so many activities and islands and anchorages in the immediate area. The water is simply amazing. Like nowhere else in the Bahamas or fl keys. Not much going on in the berries. Just a stop over although chub cay is open and was redone in a very nice high end fashion. The marina restaurant is quite good.
silver lining1 is offline   Reply With Quote