Old 02-28-2018, 08:37 AM   #12
Irish Rover
Veteran Member

City: Kusadasi
Vessel Name: Irish Rover
Vessel Model: Fountaine Pajot Greenland 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougcole View Post
Thanks for all of the help guys, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm in the process of removing the old gear today, but it may be a month or so before I install the new stuff. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm selling the old gear via the classifieds and ebay.

Yes, it is an S2 course computer.

I kind of half considered staying with Raymarine, they have a new combo that is similar in price and features to the Garmin. I had Garmin on the old boat and prefer it (a little) to Raymarine. Biggest thing for me is that Garmin uses Explorer charts for their Bahamas data. We spend a lot of time over there. Also, I already have a small Garmin combo (5" screen) on my flats boat which I'm planning on using at the lower helm. I never run the big boat from down there. I'll use second bracket and wiring harness to switch it between the flats boat and big boat.
I'm in somewhat the same position. I too have a Raymarine ST6001 in my new to me boat [I'm traveling to Greece at the end of March to take delivery properly and do some small bits before undertaking our delivery 340 mile trip to Turkey via the Ionian sea , Corinth Canal and the Aegean Sea]. I'm not sure which course computer it has . As far as I know it's not currently connected to anything other than the compass but I've bought a Garmin GPS Map 820xs to install on the flybridge and I'd like to connect them. So please keep us posted on your progress.
Irish Rover is offline   Reply With Quote