Getting Documentation Ready For The Bahamas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Thought anyone planning their first trip might be interested in this.

If anyone sees something in error, or has suggestions for additions, let me know.

This is more around the entry into the Bahamas and return to the States rather than preparing the boat etc.

Getting Documentation Ready For The Bahamas | AtAnchor.com

Last edited:
Thank you Menzies we won't be going this summer but strongly considering the next if we can figure out a cost effective means to install an air conditioner.

Sea Triscuit: Experience comes with experience both good and bad. I think you learn more from bad experience than good experience. Assuming you get out alive.

thanks

Expect to be in the Bahamas in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the info. We'll be heading to the Abacos in late April. We have most of the items on your list checked off with the exception of the customs forms.

I've found the link to the 5 page form but also this 1 page C2a form.

https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/pdf/marina/Bahamas_CUST_C2a_Inward_Report-PV.pdf

We'll be checking in at West End and want to be sure we have what we need filled out. Can't find any directions for filling out the long form. Am I the Medical Officer? Hope to not have Small Pox before we arrive....

Others have said they just wait till they get there and the process takes 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. We'll be heading to the Abacos in late April. We have most of the items on your list checked off with the exception of the customs forms.

I've found the link to the 5 page form but also this 1 page C2a form.

https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/pdf/marina/Bahamas_CUST_C2a_Inward_Report-PV.pdf

We'll be checking in at West End and want to be sure we have what we need filled out. Can't find any directions for filling out the long form. Am I the Medical Officer? Hope to not have Small Pox before we arrive....

Others have said they just wait till they get there and the process takes 10 minutes.

Spike, that's the second form in the link I provided!

10 minutes? Not a chance unless you have the forms already filled in. I would say 30-45 minutes.

But, again, don't sweat it. Have as much as you can ready, the pleasant very helpful officers will help you with the rest.

Enjoy the trip, we will be heading back from there the first week of May so may pass you!

Great info...Thx!! Added all those goodies to my bookmarks. Info gathering for that big left turn somewhere around No Name has begun.

Where are you going?

We will be working our way through the Bahamas as we return to Florida from the Eastern Caribbean. Likely jump off point will be French Cay in the Turks and Caicos. Don't have the route figured out yet. Expect to stop in George Town in the Exumas and then north to cross into US at Ft. Lauderdale so we can check into the US.

Currently in Puerto Rico awaiting for a weather window to go through the Mona Passage. Likely will be another week.

Back
Top Bottom