Thank you for all the suggestions and this is what I find today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hector

20180227_135519_Burst01.jpg

You pulled the headliner off?

Greetings,
M. H. Hoo boy. Welcome to the world of boating. Don't be discouraged. You can fix almost ANYTHING.

It looks like that is starboard side in the v-berth and the inside, at least is sagging a lot. IF the outer deck above that is really soft, and I suspect it IS really soft, as a VERY temporary fix, put a piece of plywood up and wedge something (2"x4" maybe) underneath so you won't go through the deck. Not much strength there at all.

The oldest site it is good it is very hard and strong B-side you can see the damage that's why I was going to do get a piece of plywood cope with two by fours and fix it the best that I can for now

I’m glad you decided to be proactive finding the leak. As I mentioned I another thread, remove the rot, replace with marine grade ply, kill any residual mold and spray surrounding area with wood petrifier.

is this what I can expect ? I was expecting at least a thin layer of FG and was planning to do if from the top like the video. and I was also planning to delay 3 years until the house payments go away. why is there an issue with delay rotten is rotten ?

is this what I can expect ? I was expecting at least a thin layer of FG and was planning to do if from the top like the video. and I was also planning to delay 3 years until the house payments go away. why is there an issue with delay rotten is rotten ?

Rotten wood creeps and continues.

I like the boatworks video. I will be following that guy.
Thank you for providing the link.
Is there any commonality between the boat in the video and your boat Hector? (Brand-wise)?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom