Great YouTube videos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Jim and Rosy for posting this very informative and entertaining video series! My wife and I have been "binge-watching" our way through your episodes and can't get enough. Great inspiration as we wait out another long Yukon winter!
Last fall we bought our Ranger Tugs R-25sc and did some lake boating here in Yukon before putting her up for the winter on a trailer here in Whitehorse. We will be putting her in at Skagway, Alaska, for some coastal cruising around the Southeast Alaska coast over the next couple summers. In 2019 we will retire to Vancouver Island which will become home base for cruising the PNW and Southeast Alaska; so we were very excited to watch your log of your trip to Haida Gwaii and the Inside Passage. We enjoy your casual cruising style, and are learning lots from your videos!
We are also enjoying your refit series, and look forward to working our way through your tech talks as well. Lots of good real-world information there as you share what has and hasn't worked for you in your travels. Keep it coming! We are looking forward to following along as you continue your travels.
Ron and Barb,
Whitehorse, Yukon

Cruising SE Alaska

Ron and Barb,

Binge watching! My-Oh-My. We do it too when we find something we like on YouTube. Thank you for watching. While doing the videos is just a hobby, we try hard to keep it moving, entertaining, and somewhat informative all at the same time.

Ranger Tugs are great boats. They sure have put a lot of features into a small package.

We are going to be in your neighborhood this coming summer! It would be great to connect up. We have not said much on YouTube regarding our summer 2018 plans, but at this point, I think we will leave in late May from the Seattle area and do a non-stop 5 day offshore run to Sitka. We plan to explore the northern 1/2 of SE Alaska from there, including a couple of trips to Glacier Bay and a trip to Skagway. We have not been to Skagway before and wanted to make sure and get there on this trip. We will probably return to the Seattle area sometime in September. In late 2019 we will head toward Mexico and beyond.

If you would like to stay in touch and see if we can connect up sometime this summer in Alaska, just shoot us an email at cruisingseaventure@gmail.com so we can communicate directly.

Again, thanks for watching our videos, and hopefully we will get a chance to connect up this coming summer.

Jim and Rosy Addington
M/V Sea Venture
YouTube/CruisingSeaVenture
cruisingseaventure@gmail.com

Jim and Rosy:
Great to hear you will be cruising up our way. We would love to connect with you! I'll send you an email with our summer plans so we can keep in touch. Hopefully we can meet up in Skagway or rendezvous in Glacier Bay or something.

Last edited:
Jim and Rosy,

My wife Janet and I have really enjoyed your videos.

We're planning our first visit to Princess Louisa this year and your video was a great preview and gave us some ideas about stop over locations, etc.

Keep up the good work and hope to see you when we are out cruising!

Gordon

Something an old friend told me once, "Boating is the best time you can buy." Use this the next time somebody ribs you about "boat dollars" and "hole in the water." They don't get it.

Cruising Princess Louisa

Jim and Rosy,

My wife Janet and I have really enjoyed your videos.

We're planning our first visit to Princess Louisa this year and your video was a great preview and gave us some ideas about stop over locations, etc.

Keep up the good work and hope to see you when we are out cruising!

Gordon

Gordon and Janet,

I'm glad you have enjoyed the videos. Princess Louisa is such a great destination, if for no other reason, then it's just so different then other destinations in the area. When we were there we were able to squeeze in at the dock. If the dock is full, you can anchor in front of the falls and either stay there or wait until another round of boats cycle through and then move to the dock.

Have a great trip and hopefully we will cross paths this summer!

Jim and Rosy
M/V Sea Venture
YouTube/CruisingSeaVenture

I finally had time to watch the Sea Venture refit series thanks to some early morning insomnia. Not sure it is just my connection but near the end of the Episode 19, I got a YouTube error and since then, none of the Sea Venture videos were showing for me. So disappointing.

Anyway, it will start to work shortly I’m sure but I have really been enjoying watching the refit series. Thanks.

I finally had time to watch the Sea Venture refit series thanks to some early morning insomnia. Not sure it is just my connection but near the end of the Episode 19, I got a YouTube error and since then, none of the Sea Venture videos were showing for me. So disappointing.

Anyway, it will start to work shortly I’m sure but I have really been enjoying watching the refit series. Thanks.

I hope your connection came back to life!

We are glad you are enjoying the videos. We are having a lot of fun making them.

If you have been able to watch the 7th video in the refit series then you have seen the new superstructure and paravane system currently being built in Port Townsend.

It's getting close - Sea Venture returns to Port Townsend on the 1st of April for installation of the new superstructure, paravane system and custom 3,500 lb crane. By the 10th of April we should be ready for sea trials and if all goes well, that phase of the project will be done by the 15th. After that it will we our job to install the 8 antenna's, 4 lights and 2 radars on the new superstructure. We will start this work in Port Townsend and complete it in Everett.

Around the 1st of June we plan to run from Everett to Sitka, Alaska non-stop. It's a 5 day offshore run. We will spend the summer in the Glacier Bay, Skagway, Sitka area until sometime in late August or September.

In 2019 we will head to Mexico and beyond.

We will continue our hobby of creating and posting YouTube videos of our cruising.

We have also really enjoyed some trips to the south Puget Sound including Gig Harbor. Maybe we will have a chance to cross paths this summer. Hope to see you on the water. Do you have plans for this summer?

Jim and Rosy Addington
M/V Sea Venture
https://www.youtube.com/cruisingseaventure

Kim and I enjoy your vids also and your journeys. Thanks for putting in the time and hard work making the videos and letting us share and enjoy your travels. We get something from them everytime we watch. :thumb:

We will continue our hobby of creating and posting YouTube videos of our cruising.

We have also really enjoyed some trips to the south Puget Sound including Gig Harbor. Maybe we will have a chance to cross paths this summer. Hope to see you on the water. Do you have plans for this summer?

Jim and Rosy Addington

M/V Sea Venture

Yes, I got it back up and running and coincidentally, am watching the end of your spare starts vid as I read your post.

I’m looking forward to seeing how the paravane installation goes and appreciate the time you are taking to make the vids.

Unfortunately, I still have to work for another decade so long trips are hard to manage. I think we may be able to grab a couple weeks in September and we aren’t sure what we will do. I’d like to head to the Sunshine Coast but I think my wife is hoping to do the San Juan and Gulf islands and hope that our kids can join us for part of the time.

But please, if you know you will be heading to the South Sound on a weekend some time, let me know.

Love this couple.

They actually inspired me to the "trawler lifestyle".

They aren't hard to look at either.

They have moved on from this trawler and now have an old catamaran. They just crossed over to the Bahamas last week. The trawler episodes are good, but Bess and I were disappointed when they gave up power for sail. There just aren't that many good powerboat vlogs.

First, I am a fan of Tula’s Endless Sumer. I still enjoy them even though they have moved on to the cat.

I just want to note. The aquarium didn’t seem to last long on NeverLand.

We had the pleasure of meeting up with a wonderful YouTube family we followed and doing some cruising our boat in BC. They have turned into great friends and we have done a bunch of meet-ups since. The Leach family was originally planning to buy a Nordhavn and do their adventures cruising but choose the RV lifestyle to do it now with a dream to still do long term cruising in the future. If you like RV traveling as well I would suggest watching their channel.

Here is the video on with our boat and family:

New Cruising Sea Venture video

If interested, we have posted a new video to YouTube that is a detailed tour of Sea Venture's engine room.

We did this video at the request of YouTube followers.

Thanks,

Jim and Rosy Addington
M/V Sea Venture

If interested, we have posted a new video to YouTube that is a detailed tour of Sea Venture's engine room.

We did this video at the request of YouTube followers.

Thanks,

Jim and Rosy Addington

M/V Sea Venture

I will check it out, although I do so with some trepidation. I’m sure it is going to elicit some serious ER envy.

I officially have some serious engine room envy now. Sheesh!

That deep ladder entry entry looks like it could be kind of dangerous in rough seas when doing engine room checks. I would hate to be wet and slip off that ladder! If too rough/rainy maybe better to enter through the lazzerette?

Last edited:
Engine Room Access

I officially have some serious engine room envy now. Sheesh!

That deep ladder entry entry looks like it could be kind of dangerous in rough seas when doing engine room checks. I would hate to be wet and slip off that ladder! If too rough/rainy maybe better to enter through the lazzerette?

It's really nice to have both options for accessing the engine room.

The ladder opening is tight enough that my back slides down the back wall, so it seems pretty secure. As you move down lower into the boat the roll is not as noticable as well. (the water line is just above the top of the engines). The Lazzarette is always available. We really like you are not left lifting hatches, or disturbing the interior of the boat to gain access. If it takes effort to access an engine space I think the result is that checking on the engine room while underway tends to not happen.

We are in the final stages of a major upper deck refit that includes a new superstructure, the addition of paravane stabilizers and a new custom 3,500 lb crane. Our youtube channel has a whole series of videos on the refit. Hopefully when completed the days of large rolling are behind us!

Thanks,
Jim and Rosy Addington
M/V Sea Venture
https://www.youtube.com/cruisingseaventure

That’s a good point. In good weather that dedicated engine room door on the deck level sure makes it easy to do engine room checks. I’ve never seen a setup like that.

Love your boat and videos !

Yea... Bess and I watched the new video last night and were enamored by it. I thought, "Man, this will be a snoozer." but alas... we both watched it very intently. Bess was almost upset when it looked like you were going to skip the lazzerette completely! Try not to wait so long between videos. (j/k... sorta) There aren't a lot of good powerboat ones out there. Even if you think the content isn't worthy... I would bet we all would disagree :)

Absolutely a fantastic thread and such inspiration for me. These 2 are truly living the dream!

Engine Room Tour

Yea... Bess and I watched the new video last night and were enamored by it. I thought, "Man, this will be a snoozer." but alas... we both watched it very intently. Bess was almost upset when it looked like you were going to skip the lazzerette completely! Try not to wait so long between videos. (j/k... sorta) There aren't a lot of good powerboat ones out there. Even if you think the content isn't worthy... I would bet we all would disagree :)

Tom and Bess,

Great! I think it's always better to have low expectations then over deliver rather then the other way around.

We will keep making the videos and we are trying at our end to make the edit time quicker. They do take quite a bit of time to put together, but it's a lot of fun and we have been able to connect with so many great folks along the way.

Thanks for the great encouragement.

Jim and Rosy
M/V Sea Venture

Jim and Rosey, My wife and I don't own a boat yet but loved watching all your video's and look forward to following in your footsteps, oops, meant flat seas!

Jim and Rosey, My wife and I don't own a boat yet but loved watching all your video's and look forward to following in your footsteps, oops, meant flat seas!

Glad you are enjoying the videos.

We are now (April 7th) in the yard in Port Townsend. Yesterday a crane lifted the new superstructure up onto the upper deck. They are working on welding up all the pads / chain plates, etc required to hold the superstructure in place. By mid-next week we should start installing the 26' long paravane poles and related rigging. Also the new crane is about ready to install. All very exciting.

In the meantime, we took a variety of videos on our cruise up to Port Townsend. We are working on editing the video now so we can post it next week some time. It includes are first drone footage - views of the two marinas in Port Townsend.

Wishing you, "flat seas and no wind"!

Jim and Rosy Addington
M/V Sea Venture
https://www.youtube.com/cruisingseaventure.com

Did the YouTube Channels For Dummies book teach you new stuff?

Jim an Rosy, NICE! Headroom in my engine space is about 4'6". "Nuff said on your 6'2"! Could you share the two checklists you use at the bottom of the ladder? Like to see what they cover. Good idea on the seacock list. Mine aren't that numerous but still nice to have for others at the right time. Keep the vids coming!

Did the YouTube Channels For Dummies book teach you new stuff?

It did help some! For the most part it gave us ideas on growing your YouTube channel, not that we have followed through on any of those ideas.

Since it's just a hobby for us, we have not spent a lot of time on specifically trying to market and/or use some techniques to increase views and/or subscribers, but it probably would be a good idea to follow up on. We just want to make sure that a hobby doesn't somehow turn into a job and/or obligation.

Thanks,
Jim and Rosy Addington
M/V Sea Venture

Jim an Rosy, NICE! Headroom in my engine space is about 4'6". "Nuff said on your 6'2"! Could you share the two checklists you use at the bottom of the ladder? Like to see what they cover. Good idea on the seacock list. Mine aren't that numerous but still nice to have for others at the right time. Keep the vids coming!

Thanks for the encouragement to keep posting videos. They are a lot of fun to make and we have got to meet a lot of like minded boaters via our YouTube Channel.

Here are the two list posted in our engine room you ask about. One is a list of all the seacock's and through hulls in the engine room area of the boat. We also have a list in the V-Berth closet that covers that same items in the forward section of the boat.

The other is our engine room checklist. We check the engine room about every 2 hours when cruising. This list is our reminder of each item to check.

Thanks,
Jim and Rosy Addington
M/V Sea Venture

Attachments

• IMG_4560.JPG
    IMG_4560.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_4561.JPG
    IMG_4561.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 137
Thanks for the encouragement to keep posting videos. They are a lot of fun to make and we have got to meet a lot of like minded boaters via our YouTube Channel.

Here are the two list posted in our engine room you ask about. One is a list of all the seacock's and through hulls in the engine room area of the boat. We also have a list in the V-Berth closet that covers that same items in the forward section of the boat.

The other is our engine room checklist. We check the engine room about every 2 hours when cruising. This list is our reminder of each item to check.

Thanks,
Jim and Rosy Addington
M/V Sea Venture

Thanks Jim. May seem silly to others but as a newb I am curious as to what other people look at or record when they check the engine room while cruising. Appreciate seeing your lists.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom