Need window trim seal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fryedaze

Guru
Vessel Name
Fryedaze
Vessel Make
MC 42 (Overseas Co) Monk 42
Looking for the rubber trim seals for our 1989 Overseas MC 42. Have checked MCS and McMaster Carr as well as many internet sites. Pictures attached. 0222181445.jpg0222181436_HDR.jpg

We have Clark Rubber shops here which stock a wide range of seal profiles. Do you have similar retailers? I was able to match a fridge seal recently, and previously the seal for a garage roller door. Worth searching?

Rockauto has all sort of seals for all sort of usage.

L

Might try this place.

www.perfectfit.com

Did you ever find a good replacement window trim?

It looks the same as the seals used by Ocean Alexander in the 80s and 90s. OA Seattle stocks it. See my post #9 in the attached string. Kevin's number at OA Seattle is posted earlier in the string. He also carries the rubber strips that cover the frame attach screws in the frame slots (I think I saw that in the photos above).

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s43/windshield-seal;-ocean-alexander-34066.html

In fact, I just removed those seals from a cracked side window so I could remove the pane. They pull out fairly easily. But it took a while to cut the old adhesive holding the glass in the frame....used a razor knife kit from Harbor Freight, which includes an extra long flexible blade. Easy to slice off a finger, though....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom