View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
Star0210
Guru

City: Madisonville, LA
Vessel Name: Sea Star
Vessel Model: 2004 Cruisers Yachts 50SS
Marina suggestions in Cape Coral and Tarpon Springs

So we are planning the trip to bring the new boat home (assuming everything goes well with surveys and sea trial on Friday).
We are hoping to be able to close sometime before 3/7 as we have some time availability then to make the trip.

Our plan is to fly in early on 3/7. We can’t stay overnight on the boat where it is so we will need to move it to a marina so we can stay on the boat. We will spend that day and night getting everything ready for the trip home...mainly a lot of shopping and just getting familiar with the boat. That will be the first time I actually set my own two eyes on her!!

Plan is to make the trip to Tarpon Springs the next day and then hopefully have a good weather window sometime in those next few days to cross the gulf. If there is no good weather window, we’ll have to leave the boat there somewhere and come back a few weeks later to try again.

Anyhow, we’ve looked at active captain and read reviews but I figured you guys would have the most up to date info and knowledge. Don’t know if those areas are dealing with any hurricane damage still.

Thanks in advance!
Star0210 is offline   Reply With Quote