Wiper Blades for Mainship 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougcole

Guru
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
'05 Mainship 40T
Hey All,

I'm struggling to find replacement wiper blades for my 2005 Mainship 400. The originals disappeared before I bought the boat and there are just empty arms there now. The arms are fine, I just need the blades.

Anybody know what fits it? The auto wiper blades don't seem to work.

Marinco?

Doug,
I just purchased a 2005 Mainship 40 and I have one that is no op as well. Sorry I can’t answer your question but I am sure interested in the answer

Thanks, Dale

I have an '09 34T and the wiper arms and blades were AFI (replaced all of them this past spring)...don't know if the 400 is the same.

Cheers

Bryan

I would remove one of the arms and take it to a good auto parts store where they will have a choice of blades that will fit.

You'll have to figure out the blade length before you go but if you don't use them or tear up the package they will probably let you exchange them for the right size.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything at the auto parts store to fit.

I'll check out AFI, thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything at the auto parts store to fit.

I'll check out AFI, thanks for the tip.

I found blades for my boat wipers at the auto parts store. Maybe try a different store or ask an experienced clerk. When I buy blades for my car they come with adapters for different arms. I think I got mine at O'Riley auto parts.

I looked in a NAPA store. No. I looked in a NAPA car and boat store. No. I went to five marina stores and nothing matched. The forum was my best chance. Hopefully somebody will know soon. Mine are 25 years old!

MS 400 Windshiel wiper blades

Hey All,

I'm struggling to find replacement wiper blades for my 2005 Mainship 400. The originals disappeared before I bought the boat and there are just empty arms there now. The arms are fine, I just need the blades.

Anybody know what fits it? The auto wiper blades don't seem to work.

Marinco?

Doug,
I just bought these on Amazon. They fit perfectly and are made for the marine environment.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sea Dog 414220S-1 414220S1 Stainless Steel Wiper Blade - 20", Silver [/FONT]

This wiper blade will also fit.
[FONT=&quot]Anco 31-20 31-Series Wiper Blade - 20" [/FONT]

Doug,
I just bought these on Amazon. They fit perfectly and are made for the marine environment.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sea Dog 414220S-1 414220S1 Stainless Steel Wiper Blade - 20", Silver [/FONT]

This wiper blade will also fit.
[FONT=&quot]Anco 31-20 31-Series Wiper Blade - 20" [/FONT]

Those Sea Dog blades are curved per the description on Amazon. I’ve never had any luck at all with using curved blades on a flat piece of glass. Last time I tried, they did fit on there, but when I actually tried to use them, they kept flopping over to the sides and would not remain flat on the glass. I eventually found some flat ones that worked. So, just a heads up is you’re going to put curved blades on the flat glass. Now, I can’t remember where I got the flat ones! That’s too bad, because it’s time for new blades again. I go through blades quickly being in South Florida year ‘round.

Hey Y'all.

This is a reply to a post I originally made four years ago that was brought back to the top by Dmoissen.

If he has a MS400 though, I can answer his question. West Marine carries a flat wiper blade that works that is made by Marinco. I can't remember exactly which one it is, but I think this is it.

https://www.westmarine.com/marinco-deluxe-ss-wiper-blades-P019638816.html

It helps to know what type of arm you have. That and the blade length.

web_Anatomy%20of%20a%20Wiper%20Blade1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom