Pax drop--vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlaskaProf

Guru
Vessel Name
boatless, ex: Seeadler
Vessel Make
RAWSON 41
The first ten days of my 5-month summer cruise includes a couple passengers who want to connect at Vancouver with a luxury train trip to Banff (these folks know how to vacation!).

They can probably afford a cab to the station, but I'm looking at possibilities and I'd like one of the locals to advise:

At the upper end of False Creek by the Science World, there are docks for the dragon boat club. Do you think they'd object if I dropped my pax on their dock for the 500 yard stroll to the train station? Using my dinghy, of course, not the big boat. I suppose I can phone them, but thought I'd ask here anyway.

'prof

Attachments

• pax drop.JPG
    pax drop.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Last edited:
Are you sure that's where the train station is?

**Never mind...you're right.**

I was thinking of Waterfront Station...

Well, I was almost right; I was drawing on my experience riding into town from Seattle. Looks like there is a separate terminal next door for the "Mountaineer".

Attachments

• yvr.jpg
    yvr.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 99
No issue there is a dinghy dock for the village

I'd use a cab. Its quite a hike with luggage. I dropped my brother there after berthing at Fisherman's Wharf (a great place to stay IMO). I had a car, but if you are putting them in a cab its not that much more.

Don't feed 'em much the day or two beforehand. That train trip is all about gourmet food on-board, best if they are hungry already!:)

Last edited:
I'd use a cab.

Don't feed 'em much the day or two beforehand. That train trip is all about gourmet food on-board, best if they are hungry already!:)

Good advice. I just found out their fare includes "transfers", so this becomes a non-issue. I will probably try for a recip at the Rowing Club. If that doesn't work out, Fishermen's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom