Older trawlers things to look for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lout

Vessel Name
Reinita
Vessel Make
1988 Nova Embassy 444
I went from Sail to a Twin engine 44 foot Nova Embassy sundeck this year.
Many of the things I want to share are relevent for all Asiian built trawlers.
Many of these vessels had open sumps for gray water and over the years with holes drilled for bilge pumps etc the water, dirt and grime will leach down in what I can only describe as the secret bilge. Often that smell that never seems to go away is that water down there and you will have to drill a hole remove some old fiberglass floor and drain it. Once you get it clean and dry you will be amazed how much better your boat smells.
Fuels tanks that havent been replaced need to be inpected carefully before purchase. Spend the money before you buy for a inspection or get ready to pay. The simple survey will not tell you whats happening and its buyer beware.
Do what you can yourself U tube is a great help it will save you thousands and you will learn your boat it systems and you will know when something is not correct. No tech will do a better job then you on maintenace or repairs. Use it!
Those engines and the boat need to go, it will wear out faster quicker and cost more if you let it sit. You wil too so get out there !!!

Back
Top Bottom