Flybridge spray shield 390 2000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suntansailor

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Au Naturel
Vessel Make
2000 Mainship 390 Trawler
My "mini" windshield/spray shield got destroyed by Irma. I am desperately trying to find the vendor that provided these to MainShip for the year 2000 390 trawlers. Can anyone help? Anyone know of any templates for these as well? Thank you in advance. Gordon

Welcome Gordon. There is a thread here that addresses your issue. I think the company is in Seattle and was really reasonable. Hopefully the folks that did what you are doing will chime in....

With correct measurements any plexiglass company can make one with proper bends and various tints. You can measure the base and adjust the height to have the wind directed two inches over your head.

With correct measurements any plexiglass company can make one with proper bends and various tints. You can measure the base and adjust the height to have the wind directed two inches over your head.

Yeah we had a guy in Mexico make one in his garage. Basically took a torch to heat it up and match the curve to the shattered pieces of our old one.

Can't find that thread or company name in Seattle...any help? It amazes me that no other owner has had to replace this flybridge wind deflector. The big problem I see with fabrication is a gentle curve around flybridge front, and at the same time protruding outward as well. Thanks for any help on this...

I think my original venture windshield has a manufacturers decal on it (2000) Model Year 390. I will look at it this weekend and report back. I want to say it is made by Taylor.

Any luck on checking that decal? I am at wits end trying to get help on this. Thanks in advance. Gordon

Good News! finally got to the boat this weekend and the manufacturers emblem is still in my upper venture windshield. Info: Viplex Corp. Melbourne Florida. Hope this helps.

No luck with Viplex

Seems that are out of business...phone disconnected.

Thank you for trying on my behalf.

Now will do a difficult task...try to make a template from the windshield pieces I could find when Irma left us, and see if I can draw a curved template well enough for a fabricator to recreate the flybridge wind deflector...wish me luck. I will also send the fabricator the few pieces I have to show them the outward curves. It will require a 3D jig to fabricate properly without having the actual boat to measure from (mine is in Sint Maarten).

Again thank you for trying.

Gordon

I think that is what they are called but seems to me it’s a misleading or poor use ov the word “venturi”.
But I’m not exactly an expert on flybridges.:ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom