TF Gathering in SE Florida 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stop, stop::D Ok, maybe I can fly back early from Aspen and we can join you - to heck with 16 family members skiing - but wait, I'm almost the patriarch now:hide: Have fun guys! And Al, save a few brews for me:thumb:

FC

“I’m almost the patriarch “. Is that like being almost pregnant?

According to Watfa’s computations she is expecting 29 or 30 for Paella dinner Friday night. 29 if just Jack shows up but 30 if Steve shows up too. Plus she has a lot of other items for us all to get fat on, and Ted you have to eat a plateful. Wine, booze and beer will flow. Come hungry and thirsty.

Hi Irv,

Tell Watfa to add 2 more. We just recruited a very nice couple here in Ft Myers who live aboard and their KK42 "Courage" which is parked here next to OC Diver's boat. They are Dick and Sue, and Dick just joined TF. He should appear here soon. Cheers,

David & Maria

Hi David

Got it. One question. Does Sue need a sippy cup like Maria?

Plus she has a lot of other items for us all to get fat on, and Ted you have to eat a plateful. Wine, booze and beer will flow. Come hungry and thirsty.

I'm going to try. Have been eating tons of authentic Mexican food (most of which I can't pronounce or spell) all week. If it weren't for diving 4 hours a day, I think I'd be in the hospital. I would tell you I'm going to fast for the trip up to Fort Pierce, but I'm sure Maria has other plans. ;)

Ted

Ted

Try is not good enough, you have to be there along with a handful of others. The others are just window dressing. :lol::lol:

Irv,

According to Larry's and my best count with Dick and Sue added it is 25. So, Watfa did a good guess. However, if Steve makes it 26.

Here's the evening schedule.

Wednesday: Hors d'oeuvres and drinks on Hobo

Thursday: Pizza on Moonstruck

Friday: Watfa and Irv's big spread on their new boat.

For those interested we can get a trip up to the Navy Seal and UDT Museum.

For those interested we can get a trip up to the Marine Connection (a large marine salvage operation)

There are some talking about a trip to tour NASA at Cape Kennedy. That would be on Friday.

Hi Don

First thanks to you and Larry for all the work to put this shindig together, I know it’s like herding cats.

Second a small correction: it’s Watfa’s spread, she is putting it all together and yes it is a new boat to us so when we approach the dock Best to put all your fenders out and clear the decks. Safety first.

Third I enjoyed the barbecue joint last year and I am told there is a restaurant named Second avenue that is close and decent so I’m hoping to make it to both.

Fourth the Marine connection sounds like a winner, I missed it last year.

Fifth we have some party favors and equipment from our last boat to give away.

We are looking to another fun time with like minded friends except for that Steve character. LOL

One other thing, we have wine as Scott likes drinking wine with the girls. LMAO

Irv....I just like the girls and drinking wine is my cover story....

Told you guys, I have a lot of specialized training... unfortunately no 00 stuff from England though... :)

For those interested we can get a trip up to the Marine Connection (a large marine salvage operation).

Hi Don,

Schedule sounds great. Sign me and Maria up for any trip to Marine Connection.

Also we should remind folks about the Farmer's Market. It's Wednesday I believe. Cheers.

David

Scott I have specialized training too. Like what more can I do for you dear, or are you sure you don’t need more money to go shopping for more jewelry. :)

Sounds like quite a lineup! Count me in for:

Marine Connection

Farmer's Market

Local Lunch establishments (and all food and drink events!)

Kennedy Space Center

I'll be landing in Orlando on Tues late afternoon and arriving Ft. Pierce around 2000 Tuesday evening where Steve and I will be renting an AirBnB house. I'll have a rental car for local excursions.

Fifth we have some party favors and equipment from our last boat to give away.

We are looking to another fun time with like minded friends

Wifey B: I would strongly advise against the use of the term "party favors" especially in conjunction with all the booze as it has a very different meaning to the urban dictionary crowd. :nonono::nonono::nonono:

Now my fave restaurants near there:

12A Buoy
Chuck's Seafood
Moonswiner's BBQ

:)

Wifey B: I would strongly advise against the use of the term "party favors" especially in conjunction with all the booze as it has a very different meaning to the urban dictionary crowd. :nonono::nonono::nonono:

:)

I think that's what Irv meant... :hide:

party favors

slang for methamphetamines.

other known terms:
black beauties
crank
crystal
crystal meth
dope
gack
glass
go
go-fast
ice
meth
party favors
spagackles
speed
tina
twack
tweak
whizz
white lady
yaba

this is when?

Feb next week? When I'll be driving south on I95 with 3 teenage girls trying to get tans? SR70 exit east correct?? OH, darn. the old lady with us too. :facepalm:

Feb next week? When I'll be driving south on I95 with 3 teenage girls trying to get tans? SR70 exit east correct?? OH, darn. the old lady with us too. :facepalm:

This coming Wed, Thurs, Fri. SR70 East is correct. Stop on by.

Yeah, my urban dictionary is a little different growing up in the ‘60s, undergrad and grad school when the professors gave us LSD to expand our minds. Ban the bra, make Love not war and if you can’t be with the one you love, love the one your with. Simpler life.

OK.....who here..... one.... uses the urban dictionary or cares?

Two...thought party favors definitely meant drugs?

Me, no and no..... :)

Me either. We have boaters party favors to give away. Probably have to put names in a hat and pull the name to get the gift. Should be fun.

OK.....who here..... one.... uses the urban dictionary or cares?

Two...thought party favors definitely meant drugs?

Me, no and no..... :)

Wifey B: Didn't think he meant drugs which is why I cautioned the use as you never know who is reading and might misinterpret. It's like using a term that means something else in another country. I stopped long ago any use of the word "fanny" to refer to my behind, all because of the British. :)

WifeyB

Funny you mention that. Years ago I had a business appointment in London and I arrived and called the company and spoke to the secretary that had this sultry voice and that great British accent. She informed that the CEO was in another meeting but expected me tomorrow. They she said “can I knock you up around nine?” I’m thinking you can bet your ass that would be great, then she informed she would send the car for me. That trip had numerous humorous moments due to language.

WifeyB

Funny you mention that. Years ago I had a business appointment in London and I arrived and called the company and spoke to the secretary that had this sultry voice and that great British accent. She informed that the CEO was in another meeting but expected me tomorrow. They she said “can I knock you up around nine?” I’m thinking you can bet your ass that would be great, then she informed she would send the car for me. That trip had numerous humorous moments due to language.

Well, I went to Australia on business and our Controller there was telling me about his first day there. His Kiwi secretary, who was extremely nice, bubbly and pretty, asked if he found everything he needed in his desk. Then she asked if he found his rubbers. He looked quite confused until she explained that rubbers in Australian are erasers, not condoms.

Ted left his keys in Slow Hand so Maria and I hijacked it. We are half way there. No worries - he left the beer on the boat.

David

28058744_10155144007317341_1205067634539191301_n.jpg

We left Miami Saturday thinking this would be a relaxing trip taking our time. But NO, every yahoo and his brother has been out on their boat, or one borrowed or stolen and these idiots are a menace further by late in the afternoon most are drunk. Next year we need to take Presidents weekend into account. Please.

I has to get better. Today we should make Pecks Lake hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
We left Miami Saturday thinking this would be a relaxing trip taking our time. But NO, every yahoo and his brother has been out on their boat, or one borrowed or stolen and these idiots are a menace further by late in the afternoon most are drunk. Next year we need to take Presidents weekend into account. Please.

I has to get better. Today we should make Pecks Lake hopefully.

I assume you took the ICW. That's the boating equivalent of taking I-85 or I-75 through Atlanta at rush hour. I thought conditions outside were nice on Saturday and Sunday, from what I remember? We're in the Gulf but were following a friend who was crossing back from the Bahamas.

Who's this Steve fella y'all keep talking about???...:)

Back
Top Bottom