Trawlerfest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bellakins

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Calypso
Vessel Make
Heritage East 36
We've been sailing for many years and are now about to make the change from a sailboat to a trawler. We've usually gone to the Annapolis Sailboat Show every year and are now contemplating going to Trawlerfest in Stuart, FL. Has anyone been? How is the show? Are there many vendors, as there are with the Annapolis shows? Any comments or suggestions are welcome!

usually trawlerfests are much smaller, but what is there in terms of people, vendors, lectures, training and fun is condensed enough to make most boat shows a joke except for equipment shopping.

I taught at a few many years ago, and they can be quite different from one to another...so study what is going on there and participate based on what you read and what you glean from responses here or other sources.

We have been to the last two Trawlerfests in Florida...last year in Stuart and the previous year in Riviera Beach. It was a good opportunity to view many different trawler type boats. Many complained of the fixed docks at Stuart, but it was not an issue with us. I highly recommend the seminars. You can check them out on the Passagemaker website under "Trawlerfest Stuart". We enjoyed our time there, and although not attending this year, will attend next year.

I've attended the Trawlerfest this fall in MD and found it to be very informative. The lectures were very worth while and I had an opportunity to meet many new boaters, like myself. Am attending the upcoming fest in Stuart..taking my wife with me this time. Just in case I happen to go OB!
I have purchased the VIP package...if you don't , you end up paying for the lectures al a cart..and that can get very expensive. The Hutchinson Island marriott had room for $190+ as part of the group booking. That may be over. Check the passage maker as indicated above for all the best info. All courses are listed, as well. Good luck!

My wife and I went to one in Stuart 2 years ago. It was an excellent learning opportunity. As dmooch said - get the VIP package.

David

Going for the second year in a row. Good opportunity to sea trial some boats.
Some quaint B&B's in town if you don't like the larger hotels.

Back
Top Bottom