Bridge Tray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dvd

Vessel Name
BOOSTER
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37
Don't know about you, but while moving around the boat when underway we always like to have at least one hand free to grab some support in case she rolls for whatever reason. This can be a problem if either of us is bringing a couple cups of coffee/drinks/snacks/etc. up to the bridge, especially if it's rough out there. In Ikea the other day I ran across a bin (Rationella Variera, $5.99) and decided to make a one-handed tray out of it. I pop-riveted a nylon strap for a handle which folds into the tray for storage. I found some car window-frame cup holders at Wal-Mart ($4.29 for a pack of 4), cut off the "hanger" part and put them in the tray to keep cups/glasses upright (I was going to secure them in, but with their wide feet they will not let a cup tip, even if they're just set in the tray loose). I also put some "grippy" feet on the tray so it won't slide around. A pretty handy tray for about ten bucks!

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 82
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 84
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 85
  • four.jpg
    four.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 85
  • five.jpg
    five.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 82
Well what do you know. A great idea.

When does your patent expire?

SD

Currently we use a "collapsable bucket" that my first mate received as a gift a few years ago.

But I DO like your new gizmo. It would also be great to lug along in the dink
biggrin.gif

I could probably call it a "marine tray" and sell it for about a hundred bucks!

dvd

My wife just puts whatever she can't carry in her bra!*
biggrin.gif

-- Edited by rwidman on Thursday 20th of October 2011 06:47:28 PM

Back
Top Bottom