Your speed at idle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suspect if anyone lit off a horn when entering or leaving the breakwater entrances around our marina they would be run out of town on a rail. Or on a plank, I guess, since it's a marina. In the 13 years we've been in our marina we are aware of exactly one boat that did this regularly until the port office politely told him they'd gotten so many complaints from other boaters that they would appreciate it if he never did it again. And he hasn't.

Our dual horns are loud enough to wake the dead but the only time we ever use them (outside of a test once or twice a year well away from anyone else) is in fog.

I can see around the marina very well from up top, no need to sound the horns. I spend a minute looking around before casting off too....

Our dual horns are loud enough to wake the dead but the only time we ever use them (outside of a test once or twice a year well away from anyone else) is in fog.

You don't go to the 4th of July celebrations in your area?

On the East coast the towns vary the celebration dates , so fireworks junkies can plan a 3 week cruise !!

Always wished for one of the Kahlenberg air craft carrier horns , but the power requirements would melt my 6-71.

Well that depends if we untie the lines.*
confuse.gif
The few times we have untied and actually left the dock about 3 but we tend to bump in and out of gear and drift, being full displacement *and 40 tons we can drift in a straight line a long ways.**The hydraulic bow thruster at standby if needed.* **

Our Californian 34 w/Twin Detroit 8.2's idling @ 600/700 rpm on both shows 4.5 kts. In/out of gear works well for control.

Back
Top Bottom