• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Our dream situation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MB075769

*Our story
My name is Mario and my wife is Lyne two new young retired from the Canadian forces and our plan was to travel around the world in our Sailboat Hunter 41DS 2008 that we bought 2 years ago, We were ready to go this year after preparing for the pass 5 years (many ASA courses and hrs of hand on sailing). The beginning of our voyage was schedule for October 2011. But due of my wife knees, back and hips condition that got worst this year we had to change our retired plan, doing sailing is a lot of work and this is not a stable environment (heel) for my wife condition. We decided to change from a sailboat to a power boat like a trawler to live aboard and travel the east coast through the center America then on west coast and back, for the next 4 to 5 years taking our time and visiting places on a slow pace.*
We have a beautiful house on a golf course than we wanted to keep for after our trip but with the change in our retired plan we decide to sales our sailboat, the *house and cars to allowed us the upgrade to a trawler (the cost to operate sailboat vs trawler $$$$).*
*In case somebody some where has some interest in our asset or has good idea. Lot of Canadian owner has there boat for sale all over the USA we never know.*
Until we sale our asset we are open on trade them for trawler plus getting *cash for the différence. We are looking for a trawler 34 a 41 from 2008 to 2010 The time frame is not an important factor, but has to be in a reasonable period in order to enjoy the trip during the time we are still able to do it.*
Not too many people have dream likes us. We work hard for many years to build a retirement plan to enjoy.*
Thanks you any replay. We are open to suggestion
*Mario & Lyne

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 2010_hyundai_tucson_20320482-e.jpg
    2010_hyundai_tucson_20320482-e.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 42224688.jpg
    42224688.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 80
"wanted to keep for after our trip but with the change in our retired plan we decide to sales our sailboat, the house and cars to allowed us the upgrade to a trawler (the cost to operate sailboat vs trawler $$$$)."

We decided to change from a sailboat to a power boat like a trawler to live aboard and travel the east coast through the center America then on west coast and back,

2008 to 2010? Why , spend big bucks when minor bucks might get a better boat?

No big deal, downsize the SIZE of the power boat , downsize the Speed , and trawler crawling can be as cheap as sailing.

The trick will be to find a power boat with the scantlings that would allow bashing up the coast of Mexico and La La Land.

The ICW could be handled with most anything , as would a trip to the Caribbean, after the Panamsa canal would be the hassle.

Two concepts , purchase a boat in on the Left Coast , do the inside passage , head south WITH the breeze and current to Panama , then do the Carib circuit , up the US ICW and sell the boat after doing the loop.

This would NOT require she same specs as doing the trip in the reverse order. ( 1/3 the boat and price) So a well under $40K boat would be just fine , and at 5K-6K the fuel burn would be affordable.

Cruising is as expensive as YOU choose to make it.

Most 32 -34 ft power boats will have the same room as a 40 ft sail , just as close living enviroment.

I would recomend you look fitst at one of the Gulf star 36 ? or so motor boats.

Probably $50K ish , but with no burried wood they have a good reputation , so the round trip, what you pay vs what you sell for should be minor.

The very next add in this list has a boat that is in the right location and price.

With no burried plywood,

A grand or two worth of flopper stoppers and you are away for under $30K.

Life is good!

Good hunting

-- Edited by FF on Tuesday 18th of October 2011 04:39:15 AM

-- Edited by FF on Tuesday 18th of October 2011 04:44:24 AM

I like FF's idea about purchase on the Left (West) Coast and basically using the cruising time to bring her home.

Also smart to not pay a lot for the boat,* alot is a relative term, but you may want to consider boats older than your target range.

I would definately keep the house, Canadian Real Estate may still be a good investment--unlike in the US.* Besides with a 4 to 5 year float plan you may end up going home for Summers--Leaving the boat on the hard for Hurricane Season--Who knows.

Some of the Mainships in the early 2000's might fit the bill.

Keep the Dream Alive!!*** JohnP

Thanks with are looking at all possibility and will decide during this winter for the next year, today we are getting our sailboat out for the winter..

This thread reminds me of a song that I have posted on here before. Redfish Island is in Galveston Bay right next to the Houston Ship Channel. In fact, it is an island that was formed by the spoils of dredging the channel. People in the Clear Lake area rarely go past the Island or the channel....they just kinda cruise around in circles locally. We call the the Redfish and the HSC "The Edge of the World" because it seems people are afraid to go beyond it.....anyway....My only advice is don't wait to long......

Redfish Island

I've got dreams about the ocean
To sail the seven seas
Or catch a gulfstream breeze
And hide out in the Keys
Take my time and live my life
Just the way I please
But why am I afraid to sail away

She's a good boat and she's sturdy
And I know she'd pass the test
I've fitted her out perfectly
I know she's the best