Hi! Remember me? Looking for surveyor recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Star0210

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Star
Vessel Make
2004 Cruisers Yachts 50SS
Hi everybody...hope you’re all doing well.
I haven’t been on the forums in quite a while because you know...life.
Had a back fusion surgery in December and have been impatiently recovering.

So sometime in the fall, we made the decision that as much as we love our old Bluewater, we were never going to be able to do with it what we wanted given where we are in life with our job responsibilities.

We sunk another gazillion dollars into the old boat. We had to put in a brand new generator after the old one died. We also finally gave up on recovering the v-berth and floors below and paid another gazillion dollars to just have somebody do it. After all that, we gave it to our son. He came get it a few weeks ago and brought it to League City, TX. Boat made the trip there with no problems at all. Pretty proud of our old girl. My son and his girlfriend are living aboard it for the time being.

We have been researching boats trying to find exactly what we wanted and we decided on the Cruisers Yachts 5000 sedan bridge. We love the layout of the boat. We had a contract on one in Orange beach but it did not have a satisfactory mechanical survey or sea trial. So we walked away from that one.

We now, as of yesterday, have a contract on one in Cape Coral, FL. Does anyone know a good surveyor in the area they would recommend? We always have the option of having our guy here fly over there and do it. We already have a recommendation on a mechanical surveyor so that’s covered.

And don’t ask me what kind of anchor it has cause I have no idea! :lol::lol::socool:

We have used this fellow and were very pleased with his work - meaning we walked away from the vessel.

Capt. John Campbell AMS
1836 Dogwood Drive
Marco Island, FL 34145
(239) 389-9769

And if your mechanical guy falls though consider this guy

David Hinkel

MARINE DIESEL ONE LLC.
7638 PARTRIDGE STREET CIRCLE
BRADENTON, FLORIDA 34202
(941) 359-6149 (941) 350-5934

I have both surveys on my website if you want to have a look. They are the SeaHorse links.

Sonas Surveys | AtAnchor.com

We have used this fellow and were very pleased with his work - meaning we walked away from the vessel.

Capt. John Campbell AMS
1836 Dogwood Drive
Marco Island, FL 34145
(239) 389-9769

And if your mechanical guy falls though consider this guy

David Hinkel

MARINE DIESEL ONE LLC.
7638 PARTRIDGE STREET CIRCLE
BRADENTON, FLORIDA 34202
(941) 359-6149 (941) 350-5934

I have both surveys on my website if you want to have a look. They are the SeaHorse links.

Sonas Surveys | AtAnchor.com

Thanks menzies....we haven’t heard back from the guy recommended to us, so we may need a mechanical guy too.

Ouch!

Can't help with the recommendations but glad to hear you are getting back at it.
Hope the new boat goes well. Good luck.

Wow, that is a big development! I hope everything goes well.
Steve

Thanks...we are expecting it to go well but I’m not getting my hopes up too high yet.
The boat was recently taken as a trade in so the broker that has it had a survey, sea trial, oil analysis, and haul out done before he would take it. He shared performance data, oil analysis news and the contents of the survey with us.
The previous owner had it listed for a ridiculously much higher price that was outside of our budget so we didn’t even consider it when we started looking. When the broker got it, he lowered the price to a reasonable price for the boat.
We will know on the 23rd if she will be ours or not!

So you're going to seatrial on the 23rd +/- and then drive over to Fort Pierce for the TF rendezvous? ;)

Ted

So you're going to seatrial on the 23rd +/- and then drive over to Fort Pierce for the TF rendezvous? ;)

Ted

We talked about it when I saw that thread and the dates! We would love to go but I don’t think it’s gojng to happen this year. :cry::cry:

We talked about it when I saw that thread and the dates! We would love to go but I don’t think it’s gojng to happen this year. :cry::cry:

Clearly you have a priority problem. :rolleyes: It's a 2.5 hour drive over from Cape Coral. But clearly we don't seem to rate. :nonono: I don't know how you're ever going to make this up to us. :rolleyes:

Ted

Clearly you have a priority problem. :rolleyes: It's a 2.5 hour drive over from Cape Coral. But clearly we don't seem to rate. :nonono: I don't know how you're ever going to make this up to us. :rolleyes:

Ted

Sadly, I’m not even making the trip next week. :confused:
If it all goes well and we buy the boat, I won’t even put my eyes on it until we go back to bring it home. I’m having to depend on David’s word for the things that matter to me. Lol quite scary.
Hopefully we can fly over for it next hear!! Sounds like a LOT of fun.
We’ll figure out how to make it up to everybody next year....booze is a good incentive for forgiveness. Hehe

Back
Top Bottom