Ships/Maintenance log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adagio43

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Brigadoon
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 32
Hi all,
Looking for recommendations for an IPad app for keeping both the ships log and maintenance logs.
Thanks,
Mike

I have, just this past week, moved my famous boat clipboard onto Microsoft OneNote. So far it is is very cool. All the data is on the cloud, so my whole repair list, project list, crap to buy list, log-term data, and stuff to research (and tons of research nots drawings and photos) is available one my Lenovo laptop, and with the app, on my iPad and iPhone. I would recommend watching a quick YouTube video of how it works, but it is vey easy to use and understand.

I have been using boatlogger.com for my logbook for a while. Really easy - one tap on the phone when you start the engine, one tap when you stop. Everything is uploaded, logged, and mapped auto"magically". You can also take phone pictures and add notes along the way that get GPS and time-stamped into your log records.

BoatLogger - drifter

I use the free version for now. I think the pay version has maintenance, and a bunch of other stuff. I do my maintenance on a spreadsheet in the cloud.

No affiliation, yada, yada.

Last edited:
You could consider using something as simple as Google Docs which is like Microsoft Office but for free from Google. Last time I checked, they have apps for iPad and iPhone. Just set up a Google Docs spreadsheet on a laptop and sync it wireless to a tablet and fill it in there.

Even more important is a PDL, a Pass Down Log.

This is a reference guide to help with a situation ,

like the bilge is filling and the electric pump is dead.

Hi boathealer,
Looked at the boatlogger site and it is something that would be useful to me. Are you using it with an android or Ios app? While the site seems to indicate the app is available for Iphones, I'm unable to locate it either in the appstore or on Itunes.

Hi boathealer,
Looked at the boatlogger site and it is something that would be useful to me. Are you using it with an android or Ios app? While the site seems to indicate the app is available for Iphones, I'm unable to locate it either in the appstore or on Itunes.

I use the Android app. Can't comment on the "i"-stuff, sorry. So far for a free tool, it has served me well.

Boating Suite is a surprisingly thorough database in a small package. I use it on an I-phone. Export functionality of canned reports lets you customize what you really want in Excel or other format. I like the log reports and fuel reports. Date ranges are menu-driven or user-specified.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom