Projects! Projects! Projects!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boathealer

Guru
Vessel Name
--
Vessel Make
Between boats
Hello TF-ers,

I have a ton of project info on all of my past boats that I took pictures of and wrote up a blurb or two on some of. The more recent ones are more complete.

On my last boat, I started making PDF files with things that might be useful to some people doing similar things. Most were very specific to the boat model itself (American Tug 34), but some were "generic" enough, that someone, somewhere might find useful in some way.

I looked through the LIBRARY button functionality at the top of the TF site in order to put the files somewhere, but all of the files there look pretty helter-skelter and do not appear to be able to be put in any new folders other than the 2-3 categories built in, so I didn't put them in there.

I attached some of them here for starters. I'll see if I can dig up some more from the past that seem useful. The most recent was a $15 wireless autopilot remote that was a hoot to put together!

I know for me, even if I don't agree with how something is done, it is good to see how someone else approaches things! ---- hope someone finds at least a couple of them useful......

Attachments

• AutopilotRemote.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 221
  • CockpitTable.pdf
    822.4 KB · Views: 182
  • USCGDocumentationNumbers.pdf
    808.6 KB · Views: 125
  • RefrigeratorPerformanceImprovements.pdf
    801.6 KB · Views: 184
  • HoldingTankLight.pdf
    795.2 KB · Views: 187
  • EngineRoomLadderSteps.pdf
    874.6 KB · Views: 128
  • SecurityLight.pdf
    848.5 KB · Views: 134
  • SternThruster.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 163
  • USBOutletTimer.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
  • VberthCubbyLights.pdf
    812.3 KB · Views: 113
Any TV trays? Stands for TVs, or how to hang a TV? ;-)

Any TV trays? Stands for TVs, or how to hang a TV? ;-)

Let's assume you were NOT joking.....

Our TV (did I just say that?) was mounted from the ceiling with the large, 2.25" RAM mount components (https://www.rammount.com/components)with the long extension arm angled sideways from the corner-located mount.

Attachments

• galleytv (Medium).jpg
    galleytv (Medium).jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 139
Thx- I do have one to mount and seeking the variables!

Thanks for sharing! Like the holding tank light idea which will get tied to the lazarette light switch. Beats digging out the dive light.

Ted

Great projects / improvements! Thanks for sharing.

Ditto!!!

Thanks for posting these. Great organization and guidance. Love to see a sticky or something like it where projects like these could be archived.

project pdf files much appreciated, my thanks to you as well.

One project that can be very rewarding is to purchase a new holding pad for your orbital sander.

Thanks for posting.:thumb:

Good stuff.

A couple more new project summaries.....

Attachments

• TankPressureTesterKit.pdf
    602.9 KB · Views: 33
  • GrillCabinet.pdf
    788 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom