Flamingo Marina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ole Hank

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Hanks Dream
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler44
I have been trying to reach Flamingo Marina for 4 days, does anyone know if they are open, what size boat they can accommodate and what the water depth going in is like? We are in a 44ft boat with 3.5ft draft.

I have been trying to reach Flamingo Marina for 4 days, does anyone know if they are open, what size boat they can accommodate and what the water depth going in is like? We are in a 44ft boat with 3.5ft draft.

Don't know their current situation, but they were able to, at their best, accommodate a boat your size although the approximate 4.5' water depth sure would concern me even with a 3.5' draft. Still they often haven't been operating, so I'd call the park service or visitor's center as Caltex suggested.

Not a marina most seek to go to.

I haven’t been there is years but I was able to dock my 46 Hatt that draws over 4 feet, the bottom is mud and I was able to clean the lower appendages on more than one occasion. Last I knew not much was still open after the hurricanes passed thru. Park Service will know.

Thanks for the help. I did call the park. They weren't much help, but did tell me the store and I assume the marina office was taken out by the hurricane. I asked a few questions about trying to get in to a slip. They just kept responding with " just use the trailer ramp". Other answers were along that line. I decided to keep heading north and gunkholed in a great little spot called "Little Shark River".

Hank

Little Shark River is well marked. Lots of bird life and great fishing plus this time of year the skeeters shouldn’t be bad. Quite a good current runs but being a mud bottom makes anchoring easy. Much better than being at a dock unless the early morning fishing boats zoom too close.

Back
Top Bottom