Standing water on deck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delta Dog

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Plan B
Vessel Make
1982 Ocean Alexander 43
Ok, it's not enough to sink the boat, it's just annoying. The dingy deck (top of the master's cabin) is angled back towards the salon so when it rains, the water puddles against the salon wall. I've thought about drilling holes at an angle through the side down but I'm afraid it would cause damage by soaking into the wall there. All of the as-built plans for our boat were destroyed by a fire at the factory in the late 90's so I don't know if they are solid fiberglass or if they have plywood in them as well. The PO moved the generator from the forward part of the engine room to the lazerette which I'm sure helped but the water still pools there so it's constantly wet and attracts a lot of dirt.

Does anyone know what the combing walls on a 1982 OA 43 is made of? Should I drill through or just put up with it?

Last edited:
We used lead on the rear lazarette

We have a 2003 for 456 that was heavy in the bow. The previous owner had moved to much equipment forward. I got the boat to sit right and the water to drain by putting about 1500 pounds of lead under the floor in the rear lazaret.

Or rear deck, however was never a problem because it has quite a crown to it so the water would drain off the sides.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom