Need Help with Hatch Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldenDawn

Vessel Name
Golden Dawn
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
I need to replace this hatch (it is leaking around glass)*on my 1983 Permaglass trawler (see Classifieds section)*but unfortunately can't find any identification on the hatch.* Would anyone out there recognize the manufacturer?

-- Edited by GoldenDawn on Sunday 16th of October 2011 11:03:21 PM

Attachments

• hatch5.jpg
    hatch5.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 82
  • hatch4.jpg
    hatch4.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 81
  • hatch_3.jpg
    hatch_3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 81
  • hatch_2.jpg
    hatch_2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 89
  • hatch_1.jpg
    hatch_1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 85
Doesn't matter , there are services that will rebuild the hatch , with clear or whatever you decide ,at about 1/2 the cost of replacement.

In CT so there will be shipping $$$.

You might want to try to fix it with flowable silicone, available at any auto parts place. It's about the consistency of really thick syrup in cold weather, and will flow into any crack, then cure up inside. It was designed to cure leaks in auto glass, but works well for hatches and other places on boats.

Golden,

I had the same problem. The quick solution was just to remove the hatch, seperate the "glass" and rebed it and the frame. Be sure to use a caulk that is compatable with your plastic.

Three years after the quick and dirty fix I took it out again, sandblasted the frame and had it powdercoated. Then took the hatch to the local glass company who replaced the(can't remember what type)*window.

If the boat is for sale a new looking hatch might help in this market.

Rob

37' Sedan

Thanks guys - don't know why I got stuck in the "buy a new hatch" mode on this. I have a autoglass place right next door to my office and they should be able to do a skookum job.

I have a autoglass place right next door to my office and they should be able to do a skookum job.

Some hatches get stepped on with great regularity.

Auto Glass ?????

FF wrote:
Some hatches get stepped on with great regularity.

Auto Glass ?????
*They handle a variety of glass. Planning to take my photos over today and ask first.

GoldenDawn wrote:
I need to replace this hatch (it is leaking around glass)*on my 1983 Permaglass trawler (see Classifieds section)*but unfortunately can't find any identification on the hatch.* Would anyone out there recognize the manufacturer?

-- Edited by GoldenDawn on Sunday 16th of October 2011 11:03:21 PM
*I can't tell you who made the hatch....but I can tell you that I have the identical hatch on our 1979 Gulfstar trawler.... *If you find out who made it, I would love to know. *

The plexi in ours has a lot of crazing...and I suspect it needs to be replaced very soon.

Lots of crazing in this one too. I'll let you know how the refurbishment goes on this one.

Back
Top Bottom