My Post moved or deleted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thpught it was moved to OTDE because it was going political

Oh OK. Never been to the DARK side of TF.

When I go there and click it states ASD does not have permissions to visit?

Am I too conservative to visit???:D:eek:

Attachments

• d662a6d63dd5f1de3d0264913d091f26--funny-cartoons-funny-memes.jpg
    d662a6d63dd5f1de3d0264913d091f26--funny-cartoons-funny-memes.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 102
It would appear my post "Pot not legal on water" has been moved? Deleted?
What happened mods?
Anyway found this article on the Log regarding California pot use.

High Seas: Marijuana, Boating and You – The Log

Correct. This might help explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Sea-Duction
WOW! 237 posts with over 7500 views! Are we still on topic by the OP? Hell that is 12 pages back.

It might seem like it's stayed on course to the casual reader, but it has taken excessive moderator intervention to edit/delete the political and offensive posts in this thread.

With that in mind, the Site Team has deemed it necessary that thread be moved to OTDE.

Footnote:
We are working on some way to alert those who have not elected to enter OTDE, and therefore see posts in there in the list on the right of screen, to the fact a thread has been moved, and where to. Watch this space.

ASD
Frequenting OTDE seems most logical when one is enjoying alcohol, hard drugs or weed. If not on either, sanity in question.

ASD
Frequenting OTDE seems most logical when one is enjoying alcohol, hard drugs or weed. If not on either, sanity in question.

I've blocked the OTDE forum...too much blinders on dogma spewing, not enough civil conversation where people attempt to understand another's point of view. Don't need that kind of rigid negativity in my head. Much happier now :)

Although I understand the mods actions (I don't necessarily agree with them), the subject of marijuana on boats is an important issue facing boaters. By its very nature it will become political.....yet the results of what may happens to you as a boater is politically charged.

I think the topic was one for the general forum.

BUT, as Pete noted above,

It might seem like it's stayed on course to the casual reader, but it has taken excessive moderator intervention to edit/delete the political and offensive posts in this thread.

I've never been to the OTDE, but would guess there is very little moderation on that part of the site. As I come to this forum to learn and have civil interactions with others, I don't think I'm missing much.

Personally, I appreciate the work the moderators do, especially on "free" forums. Sometimes things work so smoothly we forget about the moderators.

Jim

Greetings,
Mr. s. Re: Post #9. I am not under the influence nor do I consider myself overly insane when I visit OTDE. Entertainment purposes only. I consider OTDE a microcosm of the US, in general, with a goodly representation of wackos on both sides with the rare sprinkling of sanity. I DO admit to neck pains from shaking my head in disbelief more often than not.

You're not signed up for it. Have to be a member.

I don't think I ever signed up, yet I just checked it out and found no restriction on reading what is there. Seems like a site that belongs on my ignore list.

What is OTDE? I Feel like I am missing out on something, but I don’t know what it is.

Try going to User CP on the left side of the red header, and click on group memberships. I believe you can sign up there.

Thank you, leeman, and yes, that's how you join to gain access ti OTDE. So long since I did, I'd fogotten myself, tsk tsk, and me a moderator and all. Actually we are automaticelly entered for that so we can keep an eye on it, so I probably never did go through the process. That's my story anyway, and I'm sticking to it. :D

So, now you know, but think carefully and tread in there even more carefully, as it is not moderated, and you'll sometimes see sides to some on there, that compared to their usual persona, might shock. So, be warned... :eek:

Personally, I appreciate the work the moderators do, especially on "free" forums. Sometimes things work so smoothly we forget about the moderators.

Jim

So do I Jim. I never intended the post to be political. My comments regarding the size of the post was just a remark as I could believe how large it had become.

But I do appreciate the Mods and thank them for their hard work.:smitten:

So do I Jim. I never intended the post to be political. My comments regarding the size of the post was just a remark as I could believe how large it had become.

But I do appreciate the Mods and thank them for their hard work.:smitten:

Well, hopefully your original point got through which is regardless of political feelings regarding marijuana or drugs or law enforcement, letting anyone on your boat with marijuana is most ill advised and puts you at risk. There are degrees of that risk and you'll have to decide whether you're willing to take it or not.

Well, hopefully your original point got through which is regardless of political feelings regarding marijuana or drugs or law enforcement, letting anyone on your boat with marijuana is most ill advised and puts you at risk. There are degrees of that risk and you'll have to decide whether you're willing to take it or not.

Thanks. I try not to burr under the anyone's saddle (unless it id Crusty). Just trying to be in formable and keep my fellow TFs out of the dungeon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom