Comcast customers...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baker

TF Site Team/Forum Founder
Site Team
Vessel Name
Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Make
Meridian 411
If you are a customer of Comcast and use their email service, for whatever reason, their filters are not compatible with the TrawlerForum.com server.*The email confirmation portion of resgistering on TrawlerForum gets hung up in their filters somewhere.* So, most of the time, if you are a Comcast customer the registration process will be incomplete.* We do have the ability to see who has a pending application for membership and Doug is going through the pending emails and resgistering you manually.* SO hopefully, we will get you fixed up without any more hassle for you.* If, for some reason, that after about a day or two you have not been activated, then email Doug at mailto:doug@myboomarang.com*and he will get you fixed up.* Thanks for your patience in this matter.

Trawler on,
John

Comcast is totally screwed up for e-mail services. They are constantly rejecting my e-mails to friends saying it's spam. One was an e-mail about the fire at Brent's marina. Sometimes it's a joke. It's inconsistent.

I'm wondering just how many comcast customers are losing a lot of legitimate e-mail.

I'm suggesting that folks set up a yahoo (or other) e-mail account, spring the extra $$ for POP service, then use whatever access you want. I have a yahoo account and it's wonderful! I access it through Verizon high speed wireless. It takes out 99.9% of all spam without killing legitimate messages, and has virtually unlimited storage. I have my regular address which you guys know, and one free one that's only used for business. When I'm traveling and pressed for time, I can just check the business one for bills, etc. without having to sort through 100 jokes.

Comcast sucks.
cry.gif

I never thought I would wish I had Time Warner back but I do. Comcast has got to be the worst. Did you hear about the 70 yr old lady that went into one of their ofices here and went ballistic with a claw hammer? I can honestly say that I do feel her pain and frustration. It would be nice if they took that as a sign of how their customers feel and not some crazy aberation.

I repaced my comcast with verizon fios. Went to comcast to turn in my boxes and the line was unbelievable. The comcast people were slow. one window announced anyone just making payments come ahead and a big guy said outloud anybody passes me will be carried out on a strecther. He'd evidently been in line a long time and no one passed him.

Larry, I think I am at that point. I think I am gonna go Verizon DSL and DirecTV cuz I am an HDTV junkie.

FWIW we recently signed up for Eartlhlink DSL. We'd been Earthlink dialup customers since they took over our initial ISP a number of years ago. Our experience has been very positive--- good customer service, good phone assistance when we had DSL installation questions, and so on.

We've had very good customer service with Comcast with regards to our digital cable connections and equipment. But we would be reluctant to use them for telephone or internet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom