Industrial lock to Harvey Lock video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steveg353

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Osprey
Vessel Make
Marine Trader
Any one planing a first time ICW trip through New Orleans and would like to see it from a trawlers view, here is a high speed video I made while traversing the Industrial / Harvey locks. I decided to go upstream on the Mississippi because I was told the Algiers lock was a 3 hour wait. We definitely made the right choice.

Thanks for posting that video. It is always great to see what people talk about on video when you go someplace for the first time. Takes some of the stress out of the " Never been there before " situation.

Do you have any more vids or a YouTube Channel showing your travels?

Darrell

If you have the horsepower to buck the current, that is defintely the route to take heading west.(And, insane not to go that route when heading east!)

Great video, thanks for sharing it. What frame speed did you have your camera set on?

I don't think I would of liked being rafted to that tug in front of you.

Yeah looks like that boat tied to the tug got squashed.

DLP, I shot about 150GB of gopro video on our trip. We were out for about a year. We went from Seabrook TX, ICW most of the way to the Keys and on through to the Exumas via Bimini/Nassau returning the same way. Parked her in her slip just days ahead of hurricane Harvey.
Anyone planning a cruise on this route, I would be glad to impart any info to.
The "never been there before" is why I posted this one because prior to our trip I could not find a small vessel look at these locks. The New Orleans lock system was one of the more intense sections of the ICW.
When heading eastbound The Industrial lock was closed and we went from the Harvey lock down the Mississippi about 75 miles.
The only other video I have posted on Youtube is more of a "home movie" with little in the way of "never been there" value. There is a most entertaining part about how not to land a big Darado...LOL I will post the link below.

GFC...the video was shot at regular speed and the highspeed was done in windows movie maker.

timb....I don't know why they didn't stern tie that tug. The swirling wind currents created some issues. It was a little puckery as there was not much room between us.

Kim and I are planning the same trip from Louisiana and plan on videoing it all the way. I would watch everything you would post on your Adventure as I think a lot of other would also.

Thanks for sharing

On the Down East Loop in 2016 (Can't say "last year" any more!) I was fooling around with a flybridge-mounted GoPro, making one time-lapse per day. They're all here on the blog:

Videos and Blogs – Trawler Cygnus

Probably the best one is the second video on this page.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom