Where's tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joew2604

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Peterpan 111
Vessel Make
Gulfstar
Have 1978 34 ft Aft cabin Tollycraft. One or both of the water tanks are leaking. I know that one tank is under the starboard bed. I can hear water leaking when I fill or partly fill, so I need to have access to this tank to check where the leak is coming from. It seems as though I will have to take off the mattress and hopefully there is a panel to take off under there. Am I going in the right direction? NEXT.. Where is the portside tank? How do I get to it? Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

I can hear water leaking when I fill or partly fill, so I need to have access to this tank to check where the leak is coming from

Are you sure it's the tank?
It could be the fill hose which is failing. My boat is a hair older than yours and I had to deal with the two tanks, water, filler hoses last summer. One actually split, one was showing cracks which would have sooner or later. I think the worst had been in trouble for several years before.

Try to get a good hard look at the filler hoses. Maybe that's where the water is coming from which would also be in keeping with you hearing water running while filling. It could even be rotted off clamps releasing the hose from the tank nipple.
Mirrors, flashlight can often help. Tie them to a stick if needed.

Can you access the fillers from the engine room vents by removing them or through lockers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have 1978 34 ft Aft cabin Tollycraft. One or both of the water tanks are leaking. I know that one tank is under the starboard bed. I can hear water leaking when I fill or partly fill, so I need to have access to this tank to check where the leak is coming from. It seems as though I will have to take off the mattress and hopefully there is a panel to take off under there. Am I going in the right direction? NEXT.. Where is the portside tank? How do I get to it? Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

So .....is it safe to assume that you have not lifted the mattress and the panel below it before you made this post ........:banghead: just askin' FB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom