Trawler/Boaters Lunch near Houma Mar. 3, 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve

Guru
Vessel Name
Gumbo
Vessel Make
2003 Monk 36
Trawler/cruisers get together Near Houma, La.
For several years now, we have had a "boaters lunch" at the camp at Rebecca Plantation just off Hwy US-90 & La-311 (that's exit 200) near Houma, La. It is landlocked so we can't get there in our boats but it's easy by car.
We have lunch, bring charts, computers with pictures of your boats and projects, and talk of boat trips taken and planned. Some of the attendees have completed the Loop, cruised the Bahamas etc so a lot of firsthand information is available.
Marsha and I will supply pulled pork sandwiches and salad, some folks will volunteer to bring dessert and snacks. It is all very informal and BYOL if you like. Arrive 10-11 am stay till???
We will be doing this on Saturday, March 3rd if any of you would like to attend you will be more than welcome. For more information, directions, questions or comments you can ask on this thread or email me at:
stwillett at aol dot com or Private Message me on this forum

Thanks hosting this again Steve :dance::dance: :dance:

Yes, it’s on my calendar. I hope to pass a good time cher!

Hi Steve, We are looking forward to seeing you again, It's been a while!

Subscribing!

Well darn - now this is two trawler gatherings I will miss while skiing:banghead: Have fun and hope to join you next year.

I have paid close attention for when this event would come together. We would love to attend.
Ironically, that weekend is our last in our house before we move aboard full time. On the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, we are having a giant moving/garage sale to rid ourselves of all of our terra firma anchors.

I'm sorry that I won't be able to attend. I look forward to meeting you all another time.

Sorry you all can't make it, if your plans change let us know. If not ti will probably be on next year too, see you then.

David and I are planning to be there.
We had a great time last year.

I would like to try to make it this year. The boat is in Long Beach Ms. I have a Dr appointment in Houston mid week (28th) and, if all goes well, should be driving home by the weekend.

Doug, I hope you all can make it!

Subscribing too

Our Trawler/Boater's lunch is still on for Saturday March 3rd
10 am till
All in the area welcome as well as anyone willing to make the drive.
The street address is, across the street from:
1177 Hwy 311
Schriever, La. 70395
Near exit 200 Hwy 90
Any question or to confirm
stwillett at aol.com
or PM me on trawler forum

Last edited:
Steve, Unfortunately my wife and I will not be able to make it. We will be going two different ways with our daughters this weekend. One has volleyball tournament and the other has softball tournament.

Unfortunately, David and I are t going to be able to make it now either. I got my dates mixed up and one of my employees is getting married that evening. It would be too much with my back to make the trip to Houma and back and then attend a wedding all in the same day.
I’m bummed...we were really looking forward to it. We had a very nice time last year.

Sorry You all won't be able to make it. Hopefully we'll see you out on the water in your new boat soon.

Travis if you ever want to get together to talk about trawlers or cruising in them, let me know. You can have a look at mine and I can probably set up so you can have a look at a couple of others in this area any time. Let me know

Steve: Thank you for the invitation but I won’t be able to make it. Family in Baton Rouge for my nephew’s baseball tournament.
Mike

Travis- Good, you have my phone nr. I believe
Mike, sorry you can't make it we'll keep you on the list for next time

Our Trawler/Boater's lunch is still on for Saturday March 3rd
10 am till
All in the area welcome as well as anyone willing to make the drive.
The street address is, across the street from:
1177 Hwy 311
Schriever, La. 70395
Near exit 200 Hwy 90
Any question or to confirm
stwillett at aol.com
or PM me on trawler forum

I am on my way back from Houston now, so I am in for tomorrow!
See you guys there.

I am on my way back from Houston now, so I am in for tomorrow!

See you guys there.

Very good, the camp is a green house on the pond about a mile towards Thibodaux from exit 200 the intersection of hwy 90 and La 311
Any questions my ph is 985 688-2525
See you tomorrow
Steve

Well. we had a very good group for the Boater Lunch, some future boaters, ex boaters, and about 20 boaters including several forum members, even guest appearances in the pond by a big alligator and his huge turtle buddy.
Lots of great food, drink, and sharing boat stories, cruising area favorites, maintenance battles and so on.
To be repeated next year!

Well. we had a very good group for the Boater Lunch, some future boaters, ex boaters, and about 20 boaters including several forum members, even guest appearances in the pond by a big alligator and his huge turtle buddy.
Lots of great food, drink, and sharing boat stories, cruising area favorites, maintenance battles and so on.
To be repeated next year!

Sounds like a good time! I’m sorry we missed it.

Steve & Marsha
Thanks again for hosting the boaters luncheon. The camp is always so nice at this time of the year. As always the food was great; pastalaya, pulled pork and shrimp fettuccine, were delicious, but the Gentily cake made the day as always. Thanks Again::::

My first visit and really enjoyed the group. Strangely, unlike other TF gatherings it seems, no one overdid the booze and everybody’s clothes managed to stay on! [emoji41]

Thanks Steve and Marsha, the food was fantastic. My cardiologist would not be pleased with my second helping of pastalaya!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom